69 hood inserts

-
hood.jpg
[/IMG]

i dont know anyone makes them but i used a thin plastic and its painted black. You can get the plastis in black and have it ingraved or i guess small decals.

I went to my local Trophy shop to have some HyperPak ones made for my previous Dart !!:thumrigh:

Did these as a thanks to my Dad for an awesome motor. He's a retired engine builder now but name was Collins Racing Engines.

Did them myself. Messed around on the computer 'til I got what i wanted. Printed it then laminated the label, cut out a piece of plexi-glass and carefuly attatched over existing originals in case the car ever receives a new owner.

Newby, I just looked at your pics, that Dart is all kinds of sweet.. and that tribute to your dad was a nice touch...

Newby, I just looked at your pics, that Dart is all kinds of sweet.. and that tribute to your dad was a nice touch...
Thanks alot, only had the car a since April 1st, haven't even driven it yet. Pics are with the sour motor ,will have new ones of the fresh stove.It's gonna be sick. Definately not as extensive as what you've done wow man ,nice job.

Did these as a thanks to my Dad for an awesome motor. He's a retired engine builder now but name was Collins Racing Engines.

Nice job on the inserts, they look real nice. You have inspired me to make (or attempt to make) my own as well. The only problem that I am going to have is I will be starting from scratch. I'm thinking if I use two thin pieces of plexi and countersink the bottom piece and sandwich the text or sticker in between them, then use some sort of plastic glue and glue them together and attach them that way.

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but I it should be inexpensive enough to make a few test parts and experiment with it.

Nice job on the inserts, they look real nice. You have inspired me to make (or attempt to make) my own as well. The only problem that I am going to have is I will be starting from scratch. I'm thinking if I use two thin pieces of plexi and countersink the bottom piece and sandwich the text or sticker in between them, then use some sort of plastic glue and glue them together and attach them that way.

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but I it should be inexpensive enough to make a few test parts and experiment with it.
Just want to make sure whatever you have in the middle of the sandwich can't get contaminated with dirt and water. A couple of test pieces and I'm sure you'll figure it out. Good luck, make it your own.:thumrigh:

-
Back