69 Marker light patches

-
Man I wish someone did. I am doing the same thing to my car. I am going to try and graft the old portions into mine but the original section leaves much to be desired. Maybe you could find a 4dr and cut out the needed sections??? Good luck. Len

Usually when you replace rear quarters, the side marker openings aren't in the exact location or of the correct size and configuration of the originals. If your original marker light holes are not busted up or rusted out, you leave them in position and install the new quarters around them, ie, leave the marker opening area attached to the car when you cut off the old fender, then section that part out of the replacement panel and weld the new quarter to the old marker light section. This is especially critical if you intend to install a tail stripe, because they very seldom line up with the marker lights on a full replacement quarter. If your original marker light openings are rusted or busted badly, then the foregoing dialogue is totally redundant! :)

My new quarters have no openings, and the car came without quarters. If anyone has these openings out of a wreck, I am in the market.
If Chrysler had not changed marker light styles every friggin year, we might have repros already.

-
Back