69 Valiant Tubbing

-

Brad426

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Maybe I should say "Help from Everyone" PLEASE!

I've restored a few #'s car over the years and decided I want to have some fun with this 69 Valiant. I have a 408 engine for it and just about everything including the M/T Sportsman 31x18.50-15LT rear tires. I had the knowable folks at Art Morrison fabricate the entire rear end clip. So it's just a matter of getting it installed.

I have never done a rear tubing job or big job like this. I'm pretty handy with tools as I'm an aircraft maintenance engineer (A&P) and have or have access to all the tools I need. I have Gas, Mig & Tig at home and I'm not half bad at the hobby level welding & sheet metal. I don't have much support where I live amongst the "blue oval and bow tie guys" when it comes to Mopars. So that is why I seek your step by step guidance or any information, books or websites where I can get advice and guidance. I'll be happy to post picture as I go along in exchange for picking your brain.

My first step is to get it in the garage, up on blocks and striped down inside and at the rear end of the car. Then I'm ready to try the new plasma cutter,,,,well maybe just the cutting disc for starters. I thank you in advance.

Brad/Vancouver, BC
:read2:

Attachments

• Rear.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 166
  • Trunk.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Engine Bay 1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC00778.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC01078.JPG