6cyl to 360 swap K frame ???'s

-

johnmucci

moparmucci
Reaction score
Hi, I have another 66 dart I am restoring. It was a 6cyl. I am puttng a 360 magnum crate motor in it. What do I really need for the swap?? I have conflicting opinions. Thanking you in advance, John

New mounts,car oil pan and check to see if you have the V8 centerlink?Some 6cyl. cars came with the V8 centerlink.Good luck.

search schumacher industries for mounts without changing k frame you'll probably want bigger diameter torsion bars unless the car is drag race only

Thanks! Schumacher Only shows for an LA 360? Is there a difference in the magnum block are far as mounts???

ALL 63-66 K-members were the same regardless of engine. Steering center link was different on V8 cars, but some report being able to use the 6 cyl link. Also, many late production 6 cyl cars had the V8 link.

I called Schumacher and talked w/Mike. He said the Kit will work fine with the Magnum Motor!! Yippie!! He also suggested a torque strap. Do I really need it?? 425 HP Whatch think?? Thanks for all the replies!

I called Schumacher and talked w/Mike. He said the Kit will work fine with the Magnum Motor!! Yippie!! He also suggested a torque strap. Do I really need it?? 425 HP Whatch think?? Thanks for all the replies!
The amount of HP doesn't help answer this question. Need to know how much torque is being produced (Torque is what gets you off the line and yanks the front end off the ground). That being said it never hurts to have one anyway (limits how much the motor can rock and jerk on the motor mounts).

The torque strap is a good idea for safety reasons.JMO.The Schumachers are the hard rubber biscut style,not the spool type.

I ve made my own with truck mounts. The driver side only neede a piece of another mount for a shim, the passenger side needed a 5/8 home made spacer. SOLID MOUNTS. I dont have the part #s of the mounts used , I ll have to take the engine out to verify all parts used

-
Back