6v71 setup for la 360

-

canadian duster

Reaction score
I am considering selling my 6v71 setup for a la 360.

Includes:
6v71 dyers
2 650 edelbrock 1405 carbs
Summit brand butterfly scoop
Mod man intake
4 pulleys (31 33 35 37)
Crank hub
3" belt

Reason for selling is a baby on the way and I won't have the $ to complete a full forged engine for quite sometime in conjunction with the desire to avoid highlighting myself to local police (seem to be picky on blowers).

14656784828201809874040.jpg

Jordan, if your only into it for that much then you might want to consider holding on to it for a while. It's not costing you anything sitting there. I doubt that you will be able to replace it for that price in the future. I had a look at my sight lines today. On my 340 with a 6-71 there was no problem seeing the pass side corner of the fender. As a matter of fact I could see about 18 inches across the front of the car.

Just some thoughts.

Jack

Thanks for the info. Jack. I think I've been able to convince the wife that it's better to keep it:steering:.

As for finding an intake for the W2 heads that might be interesting unless you purchase straight from BDS or Dyers I bet. Not many intake options out there.

Tunnel Ram intake and StrokerSul intake.
Notice how far forward the blower placement is. The StrokerSul intake provides plenty of distributor clearance.
DSC02342.JPG

download.jpg

Jordan, if your only into it for that much then you might want to consider holding on to it for a while. It's not costing you anything sitting there. I doubt that you will be able to replace it for that price in the future.

X2 , keep your setup.
That's a nice adaptor plate with the pop off valve. Strange how Indy's supercharger intake manifold setup (ModMan intake and 6-71 adaptor plate) have NO provisions for the pop off valve. Best if luck on your project.
I'm guessing that's a Dyer's blower and adaptor plate?

It is. It came off a 455 oldsmobile so I had the top plate of that intake (old tunnel) cut off and will have it mounted to the mod man (likely welded to save height)

Right now I have the water/meth turned off. I only use it when I overdrive the blower and get up to 10-12 lbs of boost. I usually keep my timing locked at 31 degrees. The engine seems to like that just fine with 6-7 lbs of boost.

Jack

-
Back