7 1/4 Posi??????

-
I’m not posting this as a specific part of the conversation, but just as information you two may or may not find useful, even if just to help someone else.

Not real long ago I ended up with a 73/74 8.25 open rear end.
After some investigation I found that with different carrier bearings, the Durango 4x4 carrier with the cone style sure grip fit perfectly.
The 3.55 gears out of the Durango also went in without issue.
The pinion bearings were even the same as the 73/74 rear end used.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee disc brakes went on with a very slight mod and longer wheel studs, so I ended up with a 3.55 geared 8.25 sure grip with disc brakes.

If I ever trash or wear out the sure grip section, I can get another one for about 30 bucks.

I know I can probably look up the part numbers, but off hand do you know if the earlier 8.25’s are the same/different?

My ‘71 Satellite Sebring Plus has an 8.25 in it, that would be a nice option for an upgrade without swapping the whole rear end.

I know I can probably look up the part numbers, but off hand do you know if the earlier 8.25’s are the same/different?

My ‘71 Satellite Sebring Plus has an 8.25 in it, that would be a nice option for an upgrade without swapping the whole rear end.
I know there are apparently some case differences, like the later 8.25 case was ribbed heavier than the early, but other than that I don’t know.
Sorry.

I know there are apparently some case differences, like the later 8.25 case was ribbed heavier than the early, but other than that I don’t know.
Sorry.

No worries! I didn’t know the later one’s interchanged to begin with, so now I’ve got something to look into!

Posi SG 1.jpg

1 laugh.jpg

-
Back