7 1/4 suregrip rear end

-

eastvan52

Reaction score
75 dart swinger doing a full restoration - 225 slant 6 which will be properly rebuilt - nothing radically crazy - have the auto a904 - the 7 1/4 diff - is it worth the effort to have or get put in a sure grip assembly if they are available - the 8 1/4 set up is a different idea that i am beginning to look at - just looking at options - no spinning tires or racing with this car - i would just enjoy driving the dart into retirement - thanks all - Roberto

HI Roberto. Is your current 7.25 in need of a overhaul or replacement? If not, for what your doing, i'd leave it alone. The SG unit in those rears is a little stronger in my opinion, but I really don't think it's necessary. I had a open 7.25 in a 71' 318 Scamp for a time. Was a Daily driver, not abused at all and never had a issue.

not too sure of the present state of the rear end - i will one day bring it to a shop for a look at i am just getting myself educated - there are 7 1/4 sure grips out there it would be a matter of being lucky to find one - the cost of putting in a unit into my present rear end would be costly i am sure - auburn gere seems to be a candidate for the sure grip - thanks

Go 8.25 cheaper stronger easier to find plus you can easily add a sure grip/gears and disc brakes from a 96 and older jeep GC.

-
Back