7.25 question

-

andrew3408

1969 Plymouth valiant
Reaction score
I got a 69 plymouth valiant with the above 7.25 slant 6 car i am wanting to know if i find a 7.25 from a dakota from the 80's to 90 if it will fit under the car? I am wanting to have a 3.55 gear for the car to give it more power or will the internals will fit in my housing? I am hoping to find one with a sure grip unit in it also i know some of you will tell me the 7.25 is a junk rearend and go for a 8.75 to put in the car.. but they are so pricey anymore.. and i like to keep my 5 on 4 in bolt pattern thanks guys.. Andy

Changing the gear set will not give your car more power.

Changing the gear set will not give your car more power.
there are at least 5 other things i am going to do to the engine itself( cam milling the head, headers and either a 2 barrel or 4 barrel intake and carb).. which the gears will help in that plus gas mileage will not be hurt to much or street ability.

update on the rearend part i found a 8.75 with everything except my 355's which he sold already but i am getting the 323 with a sure grip everthing thing there except the brake hardware.. all for 850.00 oh i and i get to keep my small bolt pattern on my valiant

$850?

Good grief that's a lot of money for a used rear axle.

Now would be a great time to upgrade to the larger bolt pattern. That 5 on 4 is a PIA. Be a great time to upgrade fronts to disc brakes also. Drum brakes sucked back in the 60's. Do not belong on roads that are going 80+

$850?

Good grief that's a lot of money for a used rear axle.
have you seen the prices for a 8.75 rearend here recently? the resto catalog i got it is over 3200 dollars for it and moser is about the same and i seen on here in the parts for sale 500 just for the housing.. so i am getting a great deal:burnout: likei said it includes everything except the brake hardware.. i am getting the 10 inch brake drums.. shock plates and u bolts

Now would be a great time to upgrade to the larger bolt pattern. That 5 on 4 is a PIA. Be a great time to upgrade fronts to disc brakes also. Drum brakes sucked back in the 60's. Do not belong on roads that are going 80+
i am going disc on the front but 5 on 4 for it too i am getting the 5 on 4 rallyes to put on the car!!!

-
Back