70 340 swinger hood hole size and front bumper with bumperettes

-

sublime 340

Reaction score
Could someone tell me what the exact size of the hood holes for a 70 Dart 340 Swinger are? These are the ones under the hood scoops. My car lost its original hood and front bumper some time ago, most likely in an accident. I need to cut the holes in the hood.

Also are bumpers with the extra holes for the bumperettes around? My car had them (I have the parts and the broadcast sheet indicates the car came with them) but when the bumper got replaced the bumper did not the extra holes. If bumpers aren't available then what is the centre to centre distance of the bumper bracket bolt hole to the bumperette bolt hole?

Dual Snorkle Scoop Information

Read this from the beginning. Enjoy!

Wrong scoop for a '70. It would have the dual scoops, not the snorkle.

4-1/8" on the fresh air holes in the hood.

attachment.jpg

The bumperettes do mount off a separate hole, not off the same location as the mounting brackets. You can see on my car where the bumperettes used to be from the wear marks on the chrome, I used an extra pair of bumper bolts to fill the holes. Cars without the bumperettes don't have holes there, they just have 4 bumper bolts that go through to the bumper brackets.

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv513%2FDark04%2F74%2520Duster%2FIMG_2058_zps1bfwsaaw.jpg

View attachment 1715051156
The bumperettes do mount off a separate hole, not off the same location as the mounting brackets. You can see on my car where the bumperettes used to be from the wear marks on the chrome, I used an extra pair of bumper bolts to fill the holes. Cars without the bumperettes don't have holes there, they just have 4 bumper bolts that go through to the bumper brackets.

View attachment 1715051157

For the bumperette holes would it be possible to give me the centre to centre distance between the bumperette hole and the bumper mounting bracket hole? My bracket will tell me the vertical distance on the bumper itself

Are/were the bumperette centers line up with the centers of the turning lamps?

Are/were the bumperette centers line up with the centers of the turning lamps?

Sorry, forgot all about this thread apparently.

The center of the inner bumper bracket mounting hole to the center of the bumperette hole is about 2 7/8", the bumperette hole is a bit higher than the inner bracket hole so that's just the horizontal distance. The hole for the bumperette isn't perfectly in line with the center bump/feature of the turn signal lense, but based on the fade mark on my bumper the outer edge of the bumperette is almost perfectly in line with the outer edge of that center bump in the lense.

-
Back