70 360 intake

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Well still pondering about an intake.Whats your thoughts on the 70 360 intake does it flow the same as the 340,finding I cant aford a new intake,also will it take a holley with an adapter.

Is the 70 360 intake a 4 barrel...I thought the 360 did not get a factory 4 barrel until 1974....and the spreadbore intake manifold did not come into use until 1971...

If you are pinching pennies, get a mid 70's - mid 80's 4bbl intake from a maxi van, or pickup, or ramcharger, sure they have the EGR, but they perform just as well and can be had for about 25-30 bucks. Start hunting. Don't pay shipping, the beast are heavy and you'll double the cost with shipping.

Any 340/360 intake is very good. 70aarcuda is correct. 70 would be a 340 intake AVS Holley but would work very nice on any 360.

If you want to run a Holley square bore, I would recommend using the 68-70 340 intake. It was a square bore for the Carter AVS and a Holley will bolt right on without an adapter. I've seen them around $100-$125 USD....

I used one many years ago on a daily driver with a Holley 600 vacuum secondary and it ran great. No stumble or bog off the line on a 318 with a stock 340 cam and dual exhaust.

Use the edelbrock split 4 bbl gasket to keep the dual plane signal all the way to the carb for better low end throttle response and torque... It's also 5/16" thick to help insulate the carb from intake manifold heat...

http://www.manciniracing.com/hein4sqboe.html

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-9266/overview/

Well still pondering about an intake.Whats your thoughts on the 70 360 intake does it flow the same as the 340,finding I cant aford a new intake,also will it take a holley with an adapter.

Is that one a spread bore or square bore.

The 70 340 was square bore, you would think that they put the same intake on the 360 that year also...

asking him for the casting number on the intake manifold...that will tell ya what it is...

If it is a 70 or 71 date code NON EGR four barrel intake, it is for a 340. PERIOD. I wouldn't tell him that. LOL

Yeah, there is no such thing as a "1970 360 intake". 340 yeah...

I have a 340 intake sitting at home. I believe the casting # is a '72 vintage and it weighs a ton. When I got the car, it had an Edelbrock 750 on it. I replaced it with a Holley 650 double pumper and a performer intake before replacing the engine. To tell you the truth, the car ran better with the stock intake and the 750 carb. Let me know if you are interested in it and I will send you some pics.

That's a 68-69 340 casting number. I believe a square bore Holley will bolt to it. It came with a Carter AFB but I think they are the same bolt pattern.

That's a 68-69 340 casting number. I believe a square bore Holley will bolt to it. It came with a Carter AFB but I think they are the same bolt pattern.

Yep, that's the same one that I ran the Holley 600 on. :cheers:

Jump on it Snake. Get the gasket for the carb that I recommended and you will be good to go with a square bore Holley.... :thumblef:

71 was the first year for the spread bore on the 340 from the factory...

For those who were wondering...

I wish you lived closer, I would give you a small block four barrel intake for free, I have a couple Thermo quad ones from police car engines, I can't even give it away for free around here, ended up tossing one in the scrap pile awhile back.

All right the # he says is 2531915-2 will this work for me,will that holley fit.

The Holley will fit but it uses the small bypass hose. If you are using the 70 up aluminum water pump, it should have the larger nipple or some work around.

Waiting for the call back about price.I just took a look at that intake on line a little confused how a holley seals up on the intake.There is 1 spot were there looks like an open area where the left rear bolt hole is,what i mean the mounting surface is not sealed if that makes sense.

Waiting for the call back about price.I just took a look at that intake on line a little confused how a holley seals up on the intake.There is 1 spot were there looks like an open area where the left rear bolt hole is,what i mean the mounting surface is not sealed if that makes sense.

There is but the carb seals fine. Unless broken?

-
Back