70-71 Duster brake options

-

moparker

Reaction score
Did all 340 cars come standard with the Kelsey Hayes disk brakes or could a 340 car come with drums also? I guess what I'm trying to spit out was it an option or standard on 340 cars.
Next, will Crager S/S fit with the kelsey hayes set up. I seen a post on here where they won't.

In 1970 the factory 340 Duster,Darts all came with front disc brakes. In 1971 it was an option on 340 Dusters.

That explains it. My 71 Duster 340 has drums. How about the Crager issue?

I have a '70 340 Duster with manual drum brakes. I thought they were an option every year except the '67 383 cars which all had them. I used to have a '68 Formula S 383 4 speed car with manual drum too.

All 70 340 Duster and Darts were std with disc. Here's the dealership data book page for 1970 Valiant/Duster models. S= Std E = extra cost option

70_Valiant_Duster0004.jpg

that is correct. 70 was standard. yes, i had a 72 dusterthat i put k-h brakes on, and i put a set of crager s/s rims on it. it looked good, but i am not a fan of cragers'

as long as the rims are small bolt pattern

I did know people that pulled the KH disc brakes off of drag cars and put drum brakes on them

That's what my buddy told me also. Guys were switching to drums for weight savings. So would the brake info be on the fender tag?

-
Back