70-72 duster hood pin placement?

-

KnuckleDuster

Reaction score
Looking for the factory measurements on the core support.

As for the install-

Tape off the area and use a hammer to get a witness mark?

..or is there some better way?

My hood has issues already, but not trying to add more.

While I'm at it,who makes a good quality kit?

The parts store ones look okay,not concerned about total factory correct or lanyards, but wondering what better options you have used?

It's not just for looks, have a functional scoop and the hood starts lifting at about 75mph, I just don't trust the latch into triple digits.

Thanks!

So except for my race car with a fiberglass hood, I don't have a Duster, but I have a couple of Darts with factory hood pins, so maybe you will find something similar. On the part of the fender that bolts to the radiator support is a big damned dimple that is where you drill for the correct hood pin location. It's near the adjustable bumper in the fender for the hood. Above it there is a hole in the hood brace structure where it passes through the structure to the skin of the hood. I drilled mine from the bottom through the hood brace - the factory hole in a 340 hood is actually ovalled from front to back to allow the pin to enter the hole and then move backward in relation to the hood as the hood closes. The factory bezels are really thick with a rubber gasket so once the pins are in and the hood is drilled, you can center the bezel on the pin, through the closed hood and drill the holes for the Bezel screws.

Hope this helps

-
Back