70-76 A-body doors (2 door) ??

-

wkroncke17

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
All,
I think I know, but want to confirm with the experts.
Are all 2 door A-body doors interchangeable? (Duster, Swinger, Scamp, Demon)
I believe 70-72 inner door handle is different from '73-'76?
Are there any other differences?
Thanks in advance guys.

yes, they are different 73 to early 74 is by itself late 74 to 76
& not real sure on the 70-72 stuff.

the door skins are interchangeable
Lawrence

yes, they are different 73 to early 74 is by itself late 74 to 76
& not real sure on the 70-72 stuff.

the door skins are interchangeable
Lawrence

How are they different other than the inner door handle?

Swinger and Scamp doors are NOT interchangeable with Duster, Demon and Dart Sport doors! Swingers and Scamps are hardtops with a vent window integral with the door. Dusters, Demons and Dart Sports are coupes with no vent window.

:burnout:

340demon72 is correct on the vent window topic. The outside skin is the same but inside is much different.

The 73-6 door shell's are the same,the glass is different between duster and dart. The 70-2 duster didn't have wing windows but the dart did. They do not interchange...as far as I know.

For duster/darts the 73 doors have different glass and window regulators than the early or later doors. Early doors are all metal with just the lower inner panel being an add-on. the mid and late doors have plastic uppers and separate lower inner panels.

My experience. I swapped out a 73 swinger door for a rusted out 75 door. I had to remove some metal on the inner door structure to use the 75 window mechanism. the 75 door had the metal crossbeam required for that year as the 73 door didn't have that, but all else appeared the same. oh buy the way this door was off a 73 swinger and installed on a 75 sport. :burnout:

-
Back