-
Status
Not open for further replies.

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for the side trim that goes down the fender, door and rear quarter panel for both sides.

Please let me know if you this. Here is a pic for reference.

20170321_174243_zpsavatqpzy.jpg

I am looking for the side trim that goes down the fender, door and rear quarter panel for both sides.

Please let me know if you this. Here is a pic for reference.

View attachment 1715048766
I got some on a 71 swinger parts car, but know nothing about getting it off, I'm in KY, I'll sale it cheep if you take it off, but wear its been setting, would need a good cleaning up!

I have some if the other does not pan out I can send pictures if you PM me your email address

I got some on a 71 swinger parts car, but know nothing about getting it off, I'm in KY, I'll sale it cheep if you take it off, but wear its been setting, would need a good cleaning up!

I would love to take it off your hands, but I am in Oregon. lol. I am not sure how it actually comes off. I'm sure it just pops off a retainer clip. Are you willing to give it a go?

On my '70 they are plastic push clips with metal studs at the ends of the trim. when trim as removed there were holes where I popped the clips out.
Hope this helps!

On my '70 they are plastic push clips with metal studs at the ends of the trim. when trim as removed there were holes where I popped the clips out.
Hope this helps!

Are you saying that when you removes the trim and the plastic clips, you were left with a stud? Could you remove the stud also?

well the clip had the stud on it. it was the kind where you push on it, and something slides in the middle of the stub and makes it pop out and holds it in the door. Makes sense? my '70 was that way at least. so I pulled the clips out and there were holes where they were mounted.

well the clip had the stud on it. it was the kind where you push on it, and something slides in the middle of the stub and makes it pop out and holds it in the door. Makes sense? my '70 was that way at least. so I pulled the clips out and there were holes where they were mounted.

Make sense, yes. That makes me feel good about adding it back. I cant find the replacement mounting clips though.. Hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back