-
Status
Not open for further replies.

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 70 dart 2Dr and I need the clips that hold the "side" or "belt" molding on the car. In 70 they had two mounting styles. One had the studs welded to the panels, the other were holes in the panels. Mine has the holes in the panels.

Here is a pic if the molding on the car (not mine)

1970-Dodge-Dart-Swinger-340-Front.jpg

I have a 70 dart 2Dr and I need the clips that hold the "side" or "belt" molding on the car. In 70 they had two mounting styles. One had the studs welded to the panels, the other were holes in the panels. Mine has the holes in the panels.

Here is a pic if the molding on the car (not mine)

View attachment 1715191826
Try RT Specialties. My son has a 71 Swinger and it has the studs and plastic clips. Maybe 70 used a clip that went into holes.
I always assumed they used the mushroom studs and plastic clips to attach those moldings.

Try RT Specialties. My son has a 71 Swinger and it has the studs and plastic clips. Maybe 70 used a clip that went into holes.
I always assumed they used the mushroom studs and plastic clips to attach those moldings.
Just to clarify I was referring to the side moldings. The belt moldings have a squeeze style fastener that goes into holes on the doors and 1/4 panels.

I called RT and no luck and no ETA. My 70 doesn't have the studs, it has holes all down the side. I confirmed with RT that 70 had this style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back