'70 Dart: Deluxe Seatbelt Package?

-

rms492

Reaction score
Hello, I have a '70 Dart, and in the owners manual, it states that there was an optional "Deluxe Seat Belt Package" that consists of more color choices for seat belts, storage brackets, and a seat belt warning light. Question, where does this "seat belt warning light" mount?

I found that YearOne makes a reproduction of the warning light, but it is for 1971 and later models (part # BK56). As part of my research, I had to obtain a manual for a 1971 Dart/Demon, and NO mention at all of any deluxe seat belt package in that year.

So where would/should I mount the seat belt warning light? I need this to be as accurate as possible. If anyone has any pics of this seat belt warning light for 1970, please let us know. Also, what production code would this be? I could not find any mention of a production code for this deluxe seat belt package.

Thanks

I have that light on my '71. Don't know if its the same, but I'll find out where it is on my car.

I'm pretty sure I have the orignal bill of sale for my car, I'll see if there's anything about it on there. I have the build sheet, but its still under the back seat!

Welcome to the site. Don't know of any Deluxe Seat Belt Package. Not saying there is not one I just never herd of it. I know there is a deluxe bench seat option. My Dart has that.

Where at in CA are you? I am just out side of Temecula.

The '70-'71 FPC lists a seat belt warning lamp, part number 2947 931, applicable for Dart and Valiant with no year differentiation '70 vs. '71. Other parts in the same type code group (8-37-75) do show differences between '70 and '71. It would not have been used after 1971; the 1972-up instrument cluster has a built-in Fasten Belts warning light.

It does not look as if the Year One part is correct for A-bodies, and the photo they show is also wrong (look closely at what the lens says…)

1970 Dodge Dart, operators (owners) manual:

Page 10: Deluxe Seat Belt Package (Optional): Includes a wider range of color choices, push button releases on the lap belts, brackets for storing belts, and a "Fasten Seat Belt" reminder light. When storing the buckle half of the deluxe seat belt, push the buckle down onto the bracket until a click is heard."

However, in the SALES BROCHURE, no mention of this package.

Very strange option I guess?

Sorry, guess my car does not have this. Got mixed up with the Map Light switch I guess.

Must have looked at a car with it on there or something. Or getting old.

On my broadcast sheet on line ( Sales Codes) Box 73 is for "S/belt Unf Lamp" of course on mine there is no number underneath. Doesn't seem to be any box for deluxe seat belts on the sheet though.

Hope this helps a little.

So I wonder if it was just a lamp that came on momentarily when you turned on the ignition or if it came on when you failed to fasten your seat belts. The latter would require additional wiring to the belts.

I've gone all through the wiring diagrams in my factory manual and don't see anything for an optional seat belt warning light. It's a mystery.

-
Back