70 dart H code info

-

dowboy1970

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have the chance to buy a 70 H code Dart that was plum crazy.
Can anyone give me production #s on these cars or info of any kind?

I think it is just the body in rough shape with vin# and fender tag,

Has been stripped pretty hard,

13,785 total produced

10,382 for US production and of this 1453 were FC7 or 14%
3,403 for Canadian and export and 350 were FC7

I can check info in REGISTRY of my 1200 +++ cars if you send VIN.

Know what you are buying as there have been lots of dashes and VINs sold from junked cars that were inserted in non 340 cars. This is a major concern right now!!

Joel

I knew someone would Know.
I do not have the Vin yet. The guy is supposed to send pics soon.

Do you think the car would be worth $1000.

I dont think it is a vin swap, the guy telling me about it has known of the car since the early 90s, He does not own it, but has a guy that is going to buy it.

They where talking about putting a rear under it and trying to doll it up to make some quick and I asked what it would take where and how it sets, and they said $1000.00

Depends on how rough. Rust or dents ? Its really up to you if its worth it. Ofcoarse I all ways like to see them saved.

I agree, I would like to see them all saved too. As far as what a particular car is worth...cars are "worth" different amounts to different people. My buddy paid $2000 for a '68 442 that I wouldn't had given $200 for. Not that it isn't a decent car, just that it is not my cup of tea. That is why there will always be someone that thinks you are nuts for "spending way too much for that piece of crap in the driveway", when you think you just got the deal of the century.

Look for the stamped VINs on the radiator support and trunk lip. The trunk lip stamping will probably be on the pass side right about where the butt stripe would run.

there should NO numbers on the radiator support if it is a true 70 that was built in Canada!!!!

US built Darts had the numbers on the radiator support.

again, please send any info or photos and I can tell you if it is real and what a regular fanatic 70 swinger 340 person like me should pay for the car.

Joel

I am waiting on the guy to send the pics Joel.

I will get with you as soon as I hear back from them.

Thanks ,Trent

Joel,

Just sent you some pics of the tags.

Thanks, Trent

so, what was the outcome of this car and what state was it located?

-
Back