-
Status
Not open for further replies.

440nika

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey Guys, Does anyone have an extra rear wiring harness for a 70' Dart Swinger laying around. I previously posted a forum about my rear brakes and reverse lights not working. My pedal switch is good but I don't have any power at the rear lights. I followed my wiring harness towards the front and it doesn't seem to be in the greatest condition but not sure. I'll try anything at this point. The turn signals, emergency flashers and parking lights all work. Let me know if you can help out. Thanks Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRrrr I want to help but cant seem to comunicate clearly.
Please answer these questions...
1; Do you have a test light ?
2; Do the rear tail lights and tag light work ?
3; Do the rear turn signals work ?
Yes or no answers will help me help you.
If the answer to #1 is no you will need a test light before we proceed.

Hey Guys, Does anyone have an extra rear wiring harness for a 70' Dart Swinger laying around. I previously posted a forum about my rear brakes and reverse lights not working. My pedal switch is good but I don't have any power at the rear lights. I followed my wiring harness towards the front and it doesn't seem to be in the greatest condition but not sure. I'll try anything at this point. The turn signals, emergency flashers and parking lights all work. Let me know if you can help out. Thanks Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one out of a 69, 35.00 and I'll pay the shipping.

BINGO
Bear with me while I tell you about cousin Jack. He was a dang good carpenter and a bit hard headed too. He got a ticket for no brake lights on his van and was just not gonna believe the turn signal switch was the problem by my telling him over the phone. He had to drive the thing down here with no brake lights so I could prove this to him before fixing it.

Now to diagnose and prove to you...
one wire at the brake light switch is hot at all times , the other is hot when pedal is pressed. That should be a light tan or beige wire.
Rather than pressing the pedal lets just shove a hair pin or cotter pin in that connector as jumper.
Now take the test light to the long flat connecter at steering column and find the same color wire hot there.
Now you see the brake light power going up the column so try and find it comming back down on both green and orange wires. If it aint there replace the turn signal switch.
Later were fix your reverse lights.

Thanks, I will be sure to test this first thing in the morning when I get to the garage. I'll let you know what I find out. Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back