70 Dart Swinger restoration

-

70 Swinger
Reaction score
Looking for information on the correct paint inspection markings, colors and location. Couldn't find reference restoration pictures of any Windsor , Ontario made Darts. Thanks

i don't think paint inspection marks had specific colours. They used whatever was handy to show the adjustment or installation was complete.Date or part identification were more specific.

i don't think paint inspection marks had specific colours. They used whatever was handy to show the adjustment or installation was complete.Date or part identification were more specific.
I seen to think you are correct. I knew of a guy who had a yellow swinger 340 ,won Carlisle years ago, he told me the markings were random..grease pencil type marks, some yellow, white, etc, I think his car had a mark on the firewall, one on the differential ,one on the steering box etc. I would think you'd need pictures really.

Last edited:
I seen to think you are correct. I knew of a guy who had a yellow swinger 340 ,won Carlisle years ago, he told me the markings were random..grease pencil type marks, some yellow, white, etc, I think his car had a mark on the firewall, one on the differential ,one on the steering box etc. I would think you'd need pictures really.
I haven't been able to find any good pictures of original cars

Yes I haven't been able to find any good pictures of an original car. I'll keep looking, thanks

-
Back