70 dart vin help

-

rlevs

Reaction score
Okay i have found a 70 Dodge Dart and need some help with the vin? i have part of the vin no. and some of the fender tag.
so here i go this is part of the vin first four are LH23 the next three are G0R and then the then the sequence no. of 105198
now here are some of the fender tag no.

E44: 318 2bbl
D31: 904-a
FK5: dark burnt orange metallic exterior color
H6X9: trim high back buckets, black
TX9: black inter.
815:build date Augast 15
001352: order no.

they say it is a GT so any help would be great thanks

it needs to have A65 on the fender tag to be a GT....many GTs came with /6 and 318 ......A gt was basically a custom with the package ordered that included bucket seats and GT emblems ...with an optional console ....not all Gts had consoles either

whats cool about that car is the extremely early build date of August 15, 1969........that was only 15 days into the new model .....16 days earlier and it would have been a 69 dart.

you will have a ton of 69 carryover parts and 69 date codes everywhere.

could have even been a real early dealer promo car

thanks for the info the car is a pile of parts and the original motor and trans is gone replaced with a 440 and auto behind it i will have to call and see if the A 65 is on the fender tang. i did see the GT tags on the car right behind the door

70-71 GTs are quite rare. Like someone said all started 2 door Dart Customs (rare in their own right) - H in LH23 is High trim level. So what would you do with a nice 2 door hardtop with buckets and a console back in the mid to late 70s? Yep, many that you see are now 340/360 or big block cars! There is a 70-71 Dart GT registry on the internet that used to be kept up by a guy named Budbill and his wife. It's still up there, but hasn't been updated in over a year. Some of the info on the site is not correct, but it has lots of good info (including a VIN tag decoder), and a list of lots of registered GTs. I've got a 70GT 318/automatic, so if you have specific questions PM me your e-mail address.

thanks str12-340 i have looked at the registry last time it was updated was 2010. the dart was a 318 2bbl. now has a 440 under the hood i was just wondering how rare the car was, even thow it is not a no. matching care just looks like most of the parts are there. me i would like the body and interior to look as stock as possible but put a newer hemi with the over drive in it and just drive the crap out of it

these are some pic's of it, the second one has the gt face plate just behind the door
3f73m23pb5e55ke5m3d1na136293a13bb109d.jpg

3m23f93j55if5l95h6d1n446fdcd2c8621579.jpg

Looks like the base for a Great Car! If you want the interior to look stock, you can get the high trim Bucket or bench interior the car came with from Legendary. Bench - order the 70 Dart Custom Bench stuff; Buckets - order the 70 Dart Swinger 340 stuff. all seats and the high end door and rear panels are available in black, two tone green and two tone blue. Good luck with the project!

thats one reason i like the car it has all the interior and most of the chrome, not that i like chrome but 85 to 90% of the car is there and from the pic's it looks straight

-
Back