70 duster 340 emblems

-

canammx125

Reaction score
I am restoring a 70 duster and wondering if anyone here knows, what is correct for a 70 340 duster emblems? I have seen very few real h code cars unmolested, I have seen a couple with the v8 emblems on the upper front fenders and some have no emblems there
at all, did they come on 318 dusters in 1970, maybe some 340 cars had them and some didn't, I would really like to know for sure. thanks the car is about half way through restoration, I could post some pics. if people here are interested?

I am restoring a 70 duster and wondering if anyone here knows, what is correct for a 70 340 duster emblems? I have seen very few real h code cars unmolested, I have seen a couple with the v8 emblems on the upper front fenders and some have no emblems there
at all, did they come on 318 dusters in 1970, maybe some 340 cars had them and some didn't, I would really like to know for sure. thanks the car is about half way through restoration, I could post some pics. if people here are interested?

340 cars were not supposed to have the V8 emblems, it was implied its a v8 with saying "340"

since the 60's V8 emblems were used on the base v8 to differ it from the six cylinder models.

the 70 duster 340 was only supposed to have the "valiant" emblem and "Duster 340" was a reflective decal.

And here's the other. Is H code and def has V8 on it!
Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 208
i've never seen a 340 car with the v eight emblem b4 factory....rainy is correct.butt my 70 318 duster is factory auto and had 340 k frame and frame mount for z bar...so mopar made all kind of mistakes and let em ride!

And here's the other. Is H code and def has V8 on it!
Cheers

only one I have ever seen.

but maybe it was a some did and some didn't kind of thing.

the car in the Walter P. Chrysler museum does not have them but I imagine its an early build car for the museum.

Attachments

• det-178.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 208
i've never seen a 340 car with the v eight emblem b4 factory....rainy is correct.butt my 70 318 duster is factory auto and had 340 k frame and frame mount for z bar...so mopar made all kind of mistakes and let em ride!

probably had the HD suspension package that was optional on the 318 cars and was basically 340 gear. I bet it had the HD clutch pedals with the larger overspring. May have been part of a towing package too.

I am going to put them on dddduster did for me. some did some did not. I also saw them on a duster on my car story on u tube. thanks for the help!

The V-8 namepates did not appear on all 1970 Duster 340s. The early cars had the V-8 nameplates ...IF ...you stuck with the factory 340 longitudinal stripes. 1970 factory Duster 340s could be factory ordered with the optional vinyl protective body side moldings which then OMITTED the V-8 nameplates on the front fenders. My 1970 B7 Blue factory 340 Duster DID NOT have the V-8 nameplates when delivered new, because I had ordered the optional vinyl protective body side moldings and also stipulated STRIPE DELETE on the factory order.

Also, late in the 1970 Duster 340 model year, cars delivered to dealers from the factory in the May-June-July-August 1970 timeframe, DID NOT HAVE THE V-8 nameplates installed, even including cars with the full factory stripe package.

This was in anticipation of the forthcoming 1971 Plymouth Duster 340 build which DID NOT include the V-8 nameplates....

The factory 1970 Duster 340 with the rear exhaust turndowns look awesome, and are a nice change from the 1971-72 340 Dusters with bright exhaust tips.

I must say, however, that I really like the appearance of the 1971-72 340 Dusters with the bright exhaust stripes, coupled with the factory stripe packages from those two years.

The 1970 Duster 340s are more plain, and are very in tune with the Mopar theme of bare bones - plain - stripped models with nice drivetrains.

To each their own...Carry on!

-
Back