70 duster 340 owners, what does your radio say?

-

yellowdart72

Reaction score
Some time ago my cousin established that a correct radio for a 70 dart swinger 340 will say "Chrysler solid state". So my question is that also correct for a 70 duster 340?

Is "Chrysler solid state" correct for all rally dash models for 1970 or only the dodge division.

So owners of 70 duster 340s, does your radio say "Chrysler solid state" or "Solid state by Plymouth"? If "Solid state by Plymouth" is correct for a 70 duster then that means it is a carry over from the 68/9 barracuda.

and also does yours have chrome or black buttons??

Attachments

• IMG_4564.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 227
  • $_57.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 210
That's not correct. My 1970 Duster 340 has a thumbwheel radio. I believe that it is another case of nothing is set in stone with Ma Mopar. Perhaps it switched mid year.
Unfortunately, my radio is not at home.....I'm having it upgraded. I can't remember what the dial says. I'll look through my pictures to see if i can find one.

The thumb roll controls were 68/69 only in a bodies

70 went back to knobs

that is true if your talking about the standard dash. But in 70 the rally dash had thumbwheel and the rally dash only came in 340 cars.

As for knobs, 70 had a one year only knob used on the standard dash A-bodies and all B and C bodies

71 had knobs across the board even the rally dash that year.

Just checked the one in my garage. Has Chrysler Solid State and chrome thumbwheels.

Mine is an H-code, rally dash.

Steve

chrome buttons were used til sometime in 71.... ive never seen a 72 with em, but I'm not sure when mopar started with the black buttons... that's all I got.

mike bee

-
Back