70 duster leaf spring question

-

downsr

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a left and right leaf spring.These are factory
340 leaf springs.Any suggestions on leveling the car.High on right rear.

Are you sure they are factory? Sounds like you have a set of SS springs.

To level crank the opposing side front TB up. If that can't get you level enough use leaf spring lowering spacers.

I believe they are all left and right specific and you can tell by the part number on the spring. even number goes on one side, odd goes on the other. Can anyone confirm that ?

The part #'s are the same left & right on my factory 340 Demon leaf springs. I had to look, since I wasn't sure either....

Is the front of your car sitting level side to side? If high on the right rear, there's a good chance that the left front is low.

Super Stock springs have an extra 1/2 leaf on the right side. HD springs have the same number of leaves on both sides but the bundle is thicker, hense, heavy duty. If the springs are out of car, place them on the floor with the arch side up. The spring with the tallest measurement is right side. If your springs are original I guarantee they are worn out. However there is hope. Any spring shop can rebuild your springs for about 1/2 the cost of SS or HD. Hope this helps

As to leveling the car. It is supposed to be the way it is. Hemi and 6pak cars aren't level either

Had to jump in hear and add a post so I can remember this Thank you all, each and everyone of you :glasses7:

-
Back