70 duster radio delete

-

yellowdart72

Reaction score
I have a 70 duster project that has been on the back burner for way too many years. I am starting to collect parts for it and I noticed that the fender does not have an antenna hole and a blank solid grommet covers the hole where the antenna cable would go into the main cabin behind the passenger side kick panel. The issue is that the bezel that came with the car looks to have had a radio and I found a broken radio in the car that looks original.
I am not sure if someone just threw a radio randomly in the car or what may have happened over the years or if the car was true radio delete car. Any help figuring this one out.

My cousin acquired a radio delete plate from ebay and it don't fit, not even close and it was supposed to for a 70/1 demon or duster. So any ideas on a part number for the right delete plate?

If no radio is coded on the fender tag / broadcast sheet then it did not come with a radio.

Radios were optional so there is no 'delete' code for them.

I did some internet searches to decode the tag and I don't see a radio code, but also in my internet searches I could not find a 70 duster with a radio delete anywhere. I think a correct plate will hard to find so I might just put a radio in the car to fill the hole.

What is the part number on the one you have? I know a guy that has had a few in the past also. Email me at sixpak340(at symbol here)att.net & I can put you in touch with him, hopefully he has the one you need.

If you have a photo of the tag you can email I can check it for you as well if you like.

-
Back