70 Duster Resto That Started in '88!

-

Stew4706

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I posted a question a month ago or so asking if I should mod my Duster or get something new. Short version is I picked up something new but during the conversation several people asked that I post the resto of my Duster, so here it is:

I bought the car in 1988 it was from Texas and mostly rust free but it did have some damage where a trailer was jack knifed into it.

The 1st pic is just after I bought it the second is about a year later in August 1989. Over the year I put in a new 340, redid the suspension and widend the rear wheels.

Attachments

• Duster 1 1988 001.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 130
This is in July 1992. In the fall of '91 a friend of a friend offered to paint it and I had seen his work and it was really good. The plan was a quick paint job and a 500" big bock. Well the money that I gave the guy went up his nose (I didn't know at the time), he stripped the car and it sat in his garage rusting. I called, did drive bys anything to see what was going on. Finally the garage was open, I saw the condition of the car hoped in fired it up and drove it home. It took me a while to find a shop that would tackle it.

Attachments

• Duster 1 1988 002.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 120
Very Nice, It say's a lot when your able to hold onto something that long. Their has been a few I wish I would have held on to.

Summer 95. (I took a break on working on the car, finished school, got a real job and bought a house)

Attachments

• Duster 1 1988 005.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 115
Here it is a couple of years ago at the Chrysler Museum with my brothers GTX.

Attachments

• Chrymesm10.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 143
-
Back