70 duster

-

Ashburg

Reaction score
okay so i ran into this a few days ago. its got a freshly rebuilt supposedly with 0 miles hasent even been broken in yet 340 demon motor bored .60 over tunnel ram 2 holley? 650 carbs msd ignition box b&m ratchet shifter 904 trans, 509 purple shaft cam, headers, claims 500hp. it was originally a /6 and has drums and a small rear end. it does have rust so far that ive seen some in the floor pans and a few other places. as you can see its had body work done and needs more. says it needs new high torque starter to run and a battery and radiator fan. the interior also needs work. hes asking $3000 for it. what do you guys think about it?

Attachments

• dust1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 192
  • dust2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 187
  • dust3.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 183
  • dust4.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 194
that motor doesnt even look real, the flourescent green makes the engine look wack. you would have to change the rear out.it should start with any good starter. i would not touch it without hearing the motor run, because that would be pretty much what you are buying for 3Gs, but again,thats my opinion.

Thats your classic "pig in a poke" deal.. you cant see any of the internal parts of the engine.. doesnt run, body trashed and rusted.....I would personally RUN away from this thing, unless the price was in the 500.00 range....

that motor doesnt even look real, the flourescent green makes the engine look wack. you would have to change the rear out.it should start with any good starter. i would not touch it without hearing the motor run, because that would be pretty much what you are buying for 3Gs, but again,thats my opinion.

X2 Have him fire that thing up for you.

i guess id have to bring him a starter and put it on.. he said the other one was underpowered and i guess fried? oh yea and id definately be repainting the engine and changing out the rear. and what if i could get paperwork for the rebuild and machine work? bc i dont think he did it himself. if that "proved" it was done what would your opinions be?

in my opinion, if the motor starts,runs,without any noise and sounds healthy, and if it shifts,drives and stops.....well thats kind of a hard call.if he can show paperwork on the engine,then you might have yourself a deal. for me it would also have to include all the parts he may have laying around, and without pics of the entire body, it is kinda of hard to make a judgement on whats its going to take to get the body into good shape. i would also try to get him down some too. after all it is a 70 even if it is a 6 cylinder car. it just depends on how much you want to put into it.better pics of the front/rear/sides and inside the trunk would help.

i wish i could get some better pics but he lives an hour and a half away! =( im gonna call tomarrow and see if he has paperwork on the engine, hopefully he does and its good and i did find a deal, but prolly not.. thats usually how it works out for me lol

Does he have any receipts? Not that it means its all legit but some folks might buy $1000's in engine parts and realize they are way over their head. I have seen it before and this can be a decent deal if so. When I was a younger lad I built a full race motor for a beat up blazer because I had awesome visions for a turd.
At $3K I would normally say no.

When I was a younger lad I built a full race motor for a beat up blazer because I had awesome visions for a turd. At $3K I would normally say no.[/QUOTE said:
.............. now that is funny sh*t

Does he have any receipts? Not that it means its all legit but some folks might buy $1000's in engine parts and realize they are way over their head. I have seen it before and this can be a decent deal if so. When I was a younger lad I built a full race motor for a beat up blazer because I had awesome visions for a turd.
At $3K I would normally say no.

You just made me feel a lot better. Built a Ford 406, alum lifters, the whole works, and put it in a 60 Ford Galaxy tank.

Looks like a lot of bondo in that roof. I would not buy it without hearing that engine run. Not much info here about what parts come with it, is interior trashed, does it have all the trim, are the tires any good, do the brakes work, has the suspension been rebuilt, whats parts are missing, how many extra parts, was the trans rebuilt?? And keep in mind with a .060" overbore that engine can not be rebuilt again. And if you buy it and it blows up the next day you are stuck with it. Looks like a major leaque money pit to me.

Check out the gauge cluster, not a big deal, but wrong, you can be sure if what you can SEE is this bad, the rest is worse.... RUN, RUN, RUN!!!!!!

-
Back