70 gtx

-

milner56

Reaction score
I have a friend who is trying to sell me ther 70 GTX that was his brothers that died last year. After some time they have decided to get rid of it and dont know what its worth. I am new to the Mopar world. It is not in very good mechanical shape and a lot of things have been rigged.It is a RS23UO GTX with a E86 engine on the tag. It is Yellow now but originally a EF8(Green) with a black top. it also has a D32 727 autralian auto trans. The car is rough but all there. Not sure if the engine is the original. Not sure where the casting #s are. I want to be fair with him and dont really know where to check to see what the car might be worth.

Welcome to the site......F8 green is my favorite....lol. As far as the engine goes, there's a pad on the drivers side just in front of the intake that you can get some numbers from.....and pics would be cool too:D

Attachments

• 1119.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 446
Thanks for the help. I will get some pics. I seen the pad you showed a pic of. I will get the numbers,does it have the vin stamped on there?

The pad will have the build date, plant and if there are any over/under size bores or bearings from the assembly line. I believe the vin will be on a pad just above the oil pan rail on the pass side near the motor mount. Forgive me as it's been quite a while since i was around a big block. Hoping another member will confirm.

DSC03685.jpg

DSC03680-2.jpg

DSC03682.jpg

If i did it correctly.........

RS23:
Plymouth Belvedere,Satellite
Unknown
2 Door Hardtop
VOG: Unknown
Unknown
St. Louis, MO, USA
191638: Sequence number
E86: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 (High Performance) 375hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
FF4: Exterior Color
P6F8: Trim - Premium, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Green
EF8: Int. Door Frames
217: Build Date: February 17
188985: Order number
V1X: Full Vinyl Top, Black
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55: Bucket Seats
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
J25: 3 Speed Wipers
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V21: Performance Hood Treatment
V6W: Longitudinal Stripes, White
Y16: Sales Bank
END: End of Sales Codes

Similar, only blk stripes instead of white....

Attachments

• 1234.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 377
"VOG: Unknown"...its actually "U" on the tag....
U = 440-4bbl
0 = 1970 model year
G = St Louis assembly plant

FF4 = light green metallic
EF8 = door frames - Dark Green Metallic

I may being a little over critical. There are a lot of issues with the car to make it a nice driver in my opnion. But it's a good car and I think would make a nice desirable car. Wonder what I should offer him?

it does run and drive. it doesn't run very well, I think from sitting a being moved in and out of the garage.

If you get it dont run it anymore and flush the cooling system and also clean the gas tank or bu new and blow out the gas lines and rebuild or buy new carb and change engine oil and filter and trans fluid and filter

Looks like a nice car and I love the GTX.. Welcome to the site. I'm down in Columbia

I'd say it's worth 10k as it sets even if its not a matching number car. It looks great in the pictures but you need to check the floor pans. Any factory 440 car now days even in this miserable economy will still get decent $$. Hopefully you get a good deal

Attachments

• my gtx.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 239
-
Back