'70 Road Runner that was wreck in F&F6

-
OP is wrong... it was driven at the end of the 3rd movie, driven and wrecked in the 4th, and they replayed the footage taken from the 4th movie in the 6th -

There is no way you could recreate the same damage from one car and do it again with another and get the same damage

OP is wrong... it was driven at the end of the 3rd movie, driven and wrecked in the 4th, and they replayed the footage taken from the 4th movie in the 6th -

There is no way you could recreate the same damage from one car and do it again with another and get the same damage

Please rewatch both movie scenes. Two different cars. Both actual "wrecks" (The car rolling) were computer generated. Then the F&F4 car (a Satellite) was placed on it's roof after being hit with hammers. Neither of these cars was never truly "driven". The second car (A Roadrunner) was smashed up ONLY for F&F6, set on it's roof, and then exploded into a fireball.

So please don't tell me I'm wrong. Thank you.

Here is the car from F&F4 after the crash. Notice the extent of the damage to the Quarter Panel in front of the rear tire as well as the damage behind the rear tire?
BKbuR1v.jpg

Notice the damage here to that quarter panel? This car was a Satellite, not a Roadrunner.
ciAGTMU.jpg

Here is the full car from F&F6
Gjdiw1G.jpg

Here is the Roadrunner from F&F6. Notice the way less damage to the Quarter Panel in front of the rear tire (and flawless after the rear tire) and how the rear tire is actually sitting properly compared to the one in F&F4?
ykfrEWN.jpg

Here is the fireball they did to the F&F6 Roadrunner. This caused the burns and cracking/flaking of the paint seen in the pictures of the car I posted at the car sho. The F&F4 car was never on fire.
yiWtmsl.jpg

I'll await your apology :D

I hear you! In a field of trailer-queens cars like that are an anomaly and that makes them interesting. Three, maybe four years ago I went to Monster Mopar here in St Louis (the next to the last year that they had it here before it imploded) and there was an unrestored '70 Hemi Challenger RT out on the back loop of cars. Unlike it's Hemified E-body show queen cousins at the show, it was completely unassuming sitting there on the back row. It was FK5 Dark Burnt Orange with a V1W white vinyl top. Hood was up and the Hemi was dirty, oily, and scaled with rust. The interior was worn with frayed carpet and a couple of seam splits in the seats. Whoever owned it clearly drove it to the show. I thought it was one of the coolest cars there that year. Wish I had my camera with me when I saw it.

Nice wheelie zero!

Too bad the movies wrecked another Mopar but kudos that the guy made it road worthy again. I like this wreck. It is a cool display. tmm

Attachments

• 060202951931[00].jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 060202951937[00].jpg
    44 KB · Views: 194
I hear you! In a field of trailer-queens cars like that are an anomaly and that makes them interesting. Three, maybe four years ago I went to Monster Mopar here in St Louis (the next to the last year that they had it here before it imploded) and there was an unrestored '70 Hemi Challenger RT out on the back loop of cars. Unlike it's Hemified E-body show queen cousins at the show, it was completely unassuming sitting there on the back row. It was FK5 Dark Burnt Orange with a V1W white vinyl top. Hood was up and the Hemi was dirty, oily, and scaled with rust. The interior was worn with frayed carpet and a couple of seam splits in the seats. Whoever owned it clearly drove it to the show. I thought it was one of the coolest cars there that year. Wish I had my camera with me when I saw it.

I ran into a guy on the Power Tour a few years ago...his fifth Long Haul, his second in a legit Hemi GTX. He had a MP crate motor in it--he has the original at home, it is not in running condition. Note: I saw him in Michigan...he had Texas plates! ("ELEFNT", as I recall.)

Another guy had a Road Runner...it was a clone (383 car with a stroked 440), but it was a beautifully-done A12. He swapped to 2.76 gears for the Tour...it still ran mid-13's, and the top end was north of 140. :burnout:

Just because it ain't in some of yalls driveway so yall can flip it and rip someone off doesn't mean it's a waste. The owner is doin what he wants with it. I think some of yall are wastes.

My dad drove his unrestored '70 Challenger R/T convertible to a local Mopar show. This was back before he put a new top on it and the old one was torn all the way from the bottom of the back window to the top (it didn't even have a rear window). He put the top up because "It'll be funny". Way more people checked that car out than the shiny trailer queens. Goes to show that most of the time people are attracted to the ugly girls.

Does it suck that the ID10Ts in FnF franchise rolled this car, yeah sure. But the reality is that car was dirt cheap to them, a movie prop. They made a fortune off that movie. I cringec when i saw this thing flip in this movie. Btw i didnt see it in theatres, but rented it a year later.

I do body work, and panel replacement on the side as part of our hobby here on FABO. Sure this car is hurt, however every body panel including , complete door shells, dutchman, and roof skin, are available thru AMD. Would it be expensive to reskin? Sure would be, but it can be fixed. Would it be original ? NO. But it can be fixed.

Just my .02
Matt

-
Back