70 swinger 383

-

rebuilder67

Reaction score
need some help. my project is a 70 swinger. i have a 70 date code 383 to rebuild. will have a tunnel ram mostly for looks. i'm not building a drag car. just a tame streeter that runs on pump gas and has a lumpy idle.

would like to get some help on carbs and cam combination. i'm thinking twin 450 cfm holleys, a mild but lumpy cam with good springs. i'll probably use the schumacher tri-y headers as i'm using their conversion engine mounts s6 to bb.

stock 383 compression ratio. points ignition. nothing at all radical. appreciate some suggestions on this 383 build. for reference i have an 8 3/4 rear with 3.23 gears. 727 trans with shift kit.

looking for some specifics if anyone has cam, carbs or other suggestions for this street driver?

am also looking to buy the larger dia bb torsion bars. valve covers, etc. working on a low budget. thanks in advance to all.

DA.

need some help. my project is a 70 swinger. i have a 70 date code 383 to rebuild. will have a tunnel ram mostly for looks. i'm not building a drag car. just a tame streeter that runs on pump gas and has a lumpy idle.

would like to get some help on carbs and cam combination. i'm thinking twin 450 cfm holleys, a mild but lumpy cam with good springs. i'll probably use the schumacher tri-y headers as i'm using their conversion engine mounts s6 to bb.

stock 383 compression ratio. points ignition. nothing at all radical. appreciate some suggestions on this 383 build. for reference i have an 8 3/4 rear with 3.23 gears. 727 trans with shift kit.

looking for some specifics if anyone has cam, carbs or other suggestions for this street driver?

am also looking to buy the larger dia bb torsion bars. valve covers, etc. working on a low budget. thanks in advance to all.

DA.

I would go with the XE274H cam, the 450 carbs should be good, 3.23s also, 3.55s would be better, & around a 2800 stall.

I would however invest in a good ignition system over just points. You are going to find out its hard trying to keep it low budget, it always ends up costing more then anticipated.

-
Back