70 Swinger MC question

-

70SwingerGuy

Reaction score
The brake setup on my 70 Swinger is rear drum/front discs/power brakes. The master cylinder appears to be stock in appearance with a casting number of 29919C, can anyone confirm that this is the correct MC for my car? Also, Ive been reading that people seem to be happy converting their power setup over to a manual, can this be accomplished by simply removing the booster and mounting the MC directly to the firewall? Ive also read that a different pushrod or an adjustable one would be necessary.
brake master cylinder.jpg

I would say that your MC is a replacement. It would have a 7 digit casting number instead of what you have if it was Chrysler MC.

The Raybestos no that you should have is MC36426. It is shown for the 70-72 disc brake A Body. It is listed in the older Raybestos application list. I don't know if there is any difference. I believe there is one on Ebay right now.

The Raybestos no that you should have is MC36426. It is shown for the 70-72 disc brake A Body. It is listed in the older Raybestos application list. I don't know if there is any difference. I believe there is one on Ebay right now.

One Raybestos mc36426 on Ebay, auction number 303114332927 for 99.95 and free shipping.
Thanks for this, and the other info!!

-
Back