70 Swinger Rally Dash Lights Dim

-

70SwingerGuy

Reaction score
So I just replaced all my dash lights with new sockets and LED bulbs, (PCB has been replaced as well) and its still not very bright, it seems those blue diffusers really tend to block the light. Has anyone tried removing them or modifying them to get more light on the gauges? I know one member here who ran a LED strip around the cluster which looked pretty cool, but any other fixes/mods for dim lights?

I had the same issue. I think the dash lighting was just poorly designed.

I did the LED strip lighting upgrade. The gauges are actually visible now while driving in the city at night.

I did several posts in this thread on the lighting the cluster, but you can check post 57 and 61 for the results:

Rewiring my EFI Magnum - 1970 Dart Swinger

I had the same issue. I think the dash lighting was just poorly designed.

I did the LED strip lighting upgrade. The gauges are actually visible now while driving in the city at night.

I did several posts in this thread on the lighting the cluster, but you can check post 57 and 61 for the results:

Rewiring my EFI Magnum - 1970 Dart Swinger
You know, I think Im going to have to do that too, it sure brightens things up:) Thanks :)

There are many different types of led bulbs with different arrangements of LEDs. You might try another type. Mine light up pretty well with LEDs.

There are many different types of led bulbs with different arrangements of LEDs. You might try another type. Mine light up pretty well with LEDs.
yup did mine in blue LED look for a bulb in the 4000k range

-
Back