70 Swinger vs 71 and 72 Demon grille differences

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was chatting with a fellow Moparite about 70 Swinger grilles and I wondered what the differences is between the Dart and Demon grilles? tmm

1970 Dart grilles have silver on the front and side of the upward fins and the 1971 Dart/Demon have black fins. both use same plastic core

70 and 71 are the same grille but with different finishes .

the 70 was done in all argent silver. 71 was done in argent silver with black inserts.

72 is a completely different grille

there is no difference between demon and dart grilles. only exception is the very rare demon sizzler grille which was finished in body color to the car.

here is a 72 dart trying on a 71 grille just to see how it fit LOL

top is 71 grille which is same grille as a 70 and bottom is the original 72 grille

CIMG0403.JPG

CIMG0399.JPG

Carry on with the chat but thanks for the clarification. tmm

Did you see that OER is going to make 1972 Dart/Demon Grilles again. Classic Industries has them on their website.

70 and 71 are the same grille but with different finishes .

the 70 was done in all argent silver. 71 was done in argent silver with black inserts.

72 is a completely different grille

there is no difference between demon and dart grilles. only exception is the very rare demon sizzler grille which was finished in body color to the car.
Agreed 100% except all '71 Demon Sizzlers did not have the body colored grilles, just the high impact colors.
For example, my F7 green one came with the standard silver/black grille.

that reminds of one I had picked up and parted out. I went and gave away a bunch of parts from it like the grille and now I need one for my duster LOL

THe thrill of the hunt. Unfortunately this one didn't have a title and had some floor rot that I couldn't deal with. The windows had been busted out by vandals probably before I was born and the debris and water collected on the floors helped rot it out and it had some skunks and raccoons living in it at some point, maybe even a fox.

It was pretty much trashed, shame too because that would have been a good "DUEL" movie car clone. LOL

20140327_174934.jpg

now I need one for my duster

No you don't, I just need to find something suitable to use for a box & its on the way. ;-)

-
Back