70dartgt

-

kress

Reaction score
hello everyone,

long time dart owner and an excited to finally be a member.
I have a 70 dart custom with the A65 code with the gt trim package.It has a 225 slant6 with a 904 auto.and 7 1/4 diff. It is in very good shape with 91000 miles and has original DY3 paint colour.I am trying to confirm how many of these were made.can anyone help with this?

kress,

I'm not sure on the production numbers for 1970 Dart GTs, but the 1971 Dart GT production numbers are approximately 1255. Chrysler Historical told me they had a fire and lost many of the records.
You can google search 7071DartGTRegistry (or something very close) and register your vehicle (I believe the site is still up and running since Bruce's passing). There is some good info there.
Post up some pics!!

DartGTDan

hey Dan,
thanks for your help.that website registry is down or just parked right now.
Username''70GT'' stated that 903 in total for 1970,but still wanted to confirm.Its probly correct taking in that 1971 gt's production numbers were 1255.
I wil try to post some pics tonight.

Kress

Welcome to the site from Vancouver Island. I've got a '70 Custom 2 door, a lot of the same options as a GT including interior patterns. Looking forwards to pictures. I know of a couple '70/'71 GT's over here.

Welcome to the site......
Sounds like a really interesting car you have there.
Looking forward to the pics....

Hi I'm a new member also, only join about a month ago. I just bought a 70 Dart Custom GT, I had been searching for a 1970 340 Swinger 4 spd. like I had in 1971 ( Yellow with a black vinyl top and a black hood with dual scoops and the black tail stripes ). I was lucky enough to find a 1970 Dart GT ( yellow w/ black vinyl roof ) only a few miles from where I live. It was originally a 318 auto. w/ bucket seats and a console with 53,000 miles. Someone has since replaced the 318 with a 360. This is a great web site I'm so glad someone told me about it. Thanks

-
Back