'71 318 Auto 2-bbl to 4-bbl

-

DartGTDan

'71 Dart GT Fan
Reaction score
I want to remove and replace the stock 2-bbl carburetor on my '71 Dart GT. I have an Edelbrock LD4B intake manifold, an Edelbrock 1406 600cfm electric choke carburetor, and FelPro intake manifold gaskets (IIRC #1213?).

Can I simply transfer/bolt on and use the 2-bbl throttle cable bracket? Are there any repops or is this junkyard search? Can I use the existing 2-bbl throttle cable (is it to long or to short?)?

A local transmission shop owner said he can modify the "kick down" rod to work once I get the 4-bbl installed, so I'm not concerned with that.

Please let me know your thoughts and/or experiences.

Thanks,

Dan

i did This Last Week. You'll Need a Stock 4 bbl Throttle Cable Mount. Post a Wantes ad On Here And You'llFind One. The Stock 2 bbl Mount Will Hold The Cable Too Far Back.

The easiest way is to use a 4 bbl throttle bracket. But you can modify the 2 bbl bracket to fit. I did but I had to change the geometry for the kickdown rod to make it work correctly.

Here you got a link about the subject. At the bottom of the thread is how I did my 2 bbl bracket fit to a 4 bbl carb. It's another carb and intake I have but I suppose you can use that info to modify yours also.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=241049

-
Back