71 Bahama Yellow Duster

-

T J’s 71

Reaction score
Just bought a 71 Bahama Yellow Duster. Slant six base model in very good condition. I was looking for a nice driver and chanced on this one. Bahama Yellow would not have been my ideal color choice, but this color is really starting to grow on me. Looking forward to getting advice on future mods (if I decide to do any). Runs well but my task is to go through the brake system just for peace of mind. Glad to be a new member of FABO!

IMG_1984.jpeg

I bought a 69 roadrunner cause I wanted it, in spite of the fact it is Bahama yellow. Just like you, it grew on me, I wouldn't want it any other color! (My dad used to call it "baby-s#$t brown)
I kinda like the fact that it's a pretty rare color. We sure don't see many at the Mopar shows. Sometimes one, sometimes none.

I bought a 69 roadrunner cause I wanted it, in spite of the fact it is Bahama yellow. Just like you, it grew on me, I wouldn't want it any other color! (My dad used to call it "baby-s#$t brown)
That’s how I feel now, wouldn’t want it in any other color. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I may just keep it stock plain Jane as it is a survivor with original paint and interior. But I may not be able to resist the urge to tweak it…just a little

Nice car, color definitely is different don't think I've every seen that color before, right tires and stance can make anything cool.

My sunfire yellow is starting to growing on me.

Nice car, color definitely is different don't think I've every seen that color before, right tires and stance can make anything cool.

Thanks! Yeah, you don’t really see this color too often. Your car’s color is nice.

I like the sunfire yellow too, I think it was also a 69 color.
Bahama yellow is the Plymouth name, Dodge called the same color butterscotch. A much better description imo.

I like the sunrise too, I think it was also a 69 color.
Bahama yellow is the Plymouth name, Dodge called the same color butterscotch. A much better description imo.
Butterscotch definitely is a better descriptor.

Future mods?
Get rid of the wheel covers, either paint the wheels el5 or black, chrome lugnuts, or poverty caps. (My runner came with black wheels and chrome lugs, no caps)
Or, IF you can find some mags you like in 5 on 4", then........
Just fly it and enjoy it!

Future mods?
Get rid of the wheel covers, either paint the wheels el5 or black, chrome lugnuts, or poverty caps. (My runner came with black wheels and chrome lugs, no caps)
Or, IF you can find some mags you like in 5 on 4", then........
Just fly it and enjoy it!
Yes, will probably go with 7” wide steelies in the rear and poverty caps. Will be putting in an 8 3/4 rear with large bolt pattern axles soon. Will post that in the future.

Nice car! Add the ‘71 Twister decals and rallye wheels to really make it stand out.

-
Back