71 Dart - original GY3 car..

-

Cal_gecko

Citron Yella!!
Reaction score
I bought this in 2003.. it had been sitting for 7 years. I bought it for $500 and drove it home. It was a 318/904/7.25" car .. Citron Yella (GY3) paint with black interior and black top. After getting it, I immediately started tearing into it (I've never driven the car since I bought it in 2003). The following has been done to it since I got it:
318 replaced with a remanufactured 360
Comp Cams XE268 cam
Edelbrock 600cfm Performer carb
Edelbrock Performer intake
Headers
Pertronix electronic ignition with MSD 6AL
Entire car has been re-wired with an EZ-Wiring kit
Trans has been rebuilt - Griner reverse manual valve body, koleans steels, upgraded clutches, low 1st gear, 2800rpm stall converter
Rear end upgraded to 8.75" with clutch-type Sure Grip, 3.55 ratio, and Yukon big bolt pattern axles
Front end has been rebuilt, with later model A-Body discs (big bolt pattern)
Manual steering vs power steering (to clear the headers)
all aftermarket gauges wired in to a custom dash bezel

I stripped and painted all the jambs, engine compartment, trunk, and started on the bodywork/priming the car several years ago... then ran out of steam.

She finally got painted on Friday!...

Here's some photos..

back in 2003
i-mXmBZ23.jpg

some of the work in progress:

393746334_XnwZa-O.jpg

337086712_BpGWr-XL.jpg

337086220_H4nxd-O.jpg

393746245_sYubx-O.jpg

and on Friday..

i-MXfj9BC-XL.jpg

i-LJxx9bm-XL.jpg

Gotta love that color. It is so obnoxious and beautiful at the same time. Glad to see you got some paint on it. Heard you had some issues getting it there though :)

Grant

Gotta love that color. It is so obnoxious and beautiful at the same time. Glad to see you got some paint on it. Heard you had some issues getting it there though :)

Grant

Yeah,... no joke... I'm in Sacramento CA.. the day it was being trailered to the body shop where the paint booth was, there was a major highway closure due to a nut job who had carjacked someone and shot at cops... caused a huge snafu with traffic... and then, when the paint got applied, there were a ton of fisheyes... so we're gonna have to have it sanded flat and repainted in a week or so :(

-
Back