71 dart swinger complete color change

-

chrissock

Reaction score
So I started the full color change on my dart yesterday. Lucky for me my dad is an upholsterer and can do seats and vinyl top and head liner. I'm going to use dupli-color vinyl paint for the arm rests and door panels. I figure I will try to take notes and add some pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 239
Seat out and door panels off. So far so good. Dad is working on rear seat more to come soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 224
Only broken piece so far. This arm rest backing from the drivers side. Was broken before I got to it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 211
More door panels. Other than some missing screws it has gone fairly easy. Found out my dash pad has been capped which is a bummer but I am waiting to get to the dash so I will look at it once it's out. Rear seats are done. Should have pics tomorrow. Fronts are going in. Any thoughts on a good replacement seat belt kit that is not 500 bucks?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 208
Mr. G's for a complete interior screw kit cheap. Seat belts, good luck. Put on a mask and wire wheel the floor. Clean the snot out of it and seal it up with some spray sound deadener. A lot like bedliner. Then I put down the sound proof insulation. f7? Isn't that the interior color of your car?

Mr. G's for a complete interior screw kit cheap. Seat belts, good luck. Put on a mask and wire wheel the floor. Clean the snot out of it and seal it up with some spray sound deadener. A lot like bedliner. Then I put down the sound proof insulation. f7? Isn't that the interior color of your car?

Thanks. I plan to clean the floor there is a small rust hole in the passenger footwell that I have to deal with. Seat belts are super expensive so that kinda sucks but I need them so I guess I gotta bite the bullet. I am new to mopar so I am not sure about the color code. But that sounds right.

Rear seat done! Looks amazing! I know it's not correct pattern but I love it. Front seat will have to wait till after Christmas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 184
I am having a blast working on this thing! Every time I start something I can't wait to finish it. Ordering more stuff after the holidays and hopefully start reinstalling some stuff. :finga:

I hear you, I changed my panels from red to grey. Waiting on a few thing myself before putting it back together. Seats looks great, keep up the good work

looking good!!!!!!
maybe have did make a few set of covers for my herd!!??? LOL you are lucky guy!

seat belts????? back in the 90's I would take couple of big box fulls of old seat belts out of b bodies to mopar nats. I would hand them over to co. called snake-oyl, that refurbished seat belts, maybe not still in business?????? they would and me over a couple of ben franklins.
old oem seat belt supply is drying up like everything. and a pain to take out.

-
Back