71 Dart Swinger rear tire fitment

-

beau harless

Reaction score
i just purchased a 71 Dart Swinger. it has 15x7 rallys on the rear, not sure of the tire size yet cuz i havent had the car shipped to me yet.. my question is... can i put a 15x8 rim on the rear?? if so, what size tire will fit under it? it has stock suspension and im not sure if its 4.0 or 4.5 bolt pattern... any input would be greatly appreciated!! :burnout:

Bh- nobody can answer the sbc or lbc question without seeing the car. There is a50/50 chance that it has been swapped. It could even have some of each. "
Pretty much everyone will tell you that 4- 4 1/2 backspace is best on a 7 " rim

LOTS and LOTS of threads on tire fitment if you search

See "post your wheel and tire pictures" thread

I have 18x8 zero offset 4.5 BackSpacing on my 71 dart swinger. My car originally had 4" bolt pattern but I switched it to 4.5" by just buying moser axles. This is all I could fit under the fenders. I can only get my fingers between the tires and skirts and have maybe a 1/2" between the leaf springs.

I run a 245/45/18 tire which a 26.5" tire and there is still room for another inch. Could easiler go 27.5" tire before running into the front edge of the wheel well.

hope that helps

I know you said your Dart has a 15x7 rim on it now and you want to to a 15x8and your not sure on the bolt pattern. My 70 Dart has a 15x7 ralley on it with a 255/60-15 on them and they are sbp. So yours might be sbp and with that you might have to special order a 15x8 rim. Just a thought.

i wont get the car til this week but i did find out it is 4.0 sbp and wheel vintiques does carry a 15x8 rally wheel but im not sure on the backspacing.. i know tuckinauster said he has 5" backspacing.. Buschi340, do you know the backspacing on yours? and did either of you guys have to do any alterations? thanx for the info guys!!!!!

I trimmed the wheel well lip on mine. It might have fit with it intact, but it would have been really close.

I run m/t 28 x 10.5 x 15 on 7x 15 ralleys and It needed a bit of work on the fender lips and leaf springs

-
Back