71 dart swinger

-

green dart

Reaction score
This is my first post. I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-14-06-19-04.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 113
It has a 318. The bottom end is stock. I have an ld 340 intake manifold and a carter avs 4 barrel. TTI long tube headers and 2 1/2" exhaust. 904 torqueflight. 8 3/4 rear with sure grip 3.55's. Just put new leaf springs, hangers, shackles, and a rear sway bar on it. Also a front sway bar, all from firm feel. It's a Canadian built car. Always been in california. It's been in the family since the early 90's. My first car when I was in high school was a 73 scamp. Also a 318. Had to get rid of it. The body was shot from being outside for so many years. It was my daily driver for 6 years. I wish I could have parted it out but it wasn't an option at the time. I didn't have my own garage. I sold it to buy a 2006 300c srt8. I don't regret that. Still have the chrysler.

71 Darts are the best looking of the Darts...........

I'll agree with that comment, but then I'm biased. Car looks sweet.

Sounds like a winner-sounds like a self evident question, but did the firm feel parts completely change the way the car handles? I love my '72 Scamp, but I'm not impressed by the massive body roll in turns.

It is very different. The leafs really stiffened the car quite a bit. It had no sway bars before so that made a huge difference. I have air shocks in the rear but I only have about 15 lbs in them right now because I don't want the car to sit higher than it does. I don't think they do much with that little pressure. Next will be bigger torsion bars and bilstein shocks. The car does handle much better than it did. It's a work in progress. The Firm feel stuff is really nice. I also like that they are real mopar guys.

Hey, welcome to FABO. Looks like a nice one and it sounds like you're having fun building and driving it. Keep us posted on your progress with lots of pictures. tmm

Good to hear--gives me something to look forward to whenever I get around to slapping on some new suspension parts.

-
Back