-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Car

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi everyone. I have a 71 Demon 340 that I want to sell but i'm not sure what to ask for it. It was built at the L.A. plant and has been in southern California all it's life. It has factory A/C, PDB, P/S, auto., bucket seats, console, rallye dash and deluxe interior. The color is Butterscotch. It has side moldings instead of stripes and steel wheels with hubcaps. The engine is numbers matching and is standard bore. I had the block and heads hot tanked and magnafluxed and they are all good. The trans. was replaced at one point and is not original. The 8 3/4 has 3.23 gears in an open 741 case. I bought the car from the second owner who is a friend of the original owner. The car was almost 100 % original and unmolested when i got it. I have purchased some NOS parts along with the correct thermoquad carb. and air cleaner. I also have the early 340 HP exhaust manifolds along with the originals. It is currently apart and on a rotisserie which will go with the car. It has rust just below the cowl on both sides, minor rust right lower quarter and trunk and rust near battery tray. I bagged and labeled all of the parts as i took it apart. I also took numerous photos of the car as I disassembled it. I started some work on the car and have restored the A/C-heater box, dash and steering column. I know I'm leaving something out so please let me know of any questions or comments you might have. I would like to get $8500 for the car as that is about what I have in it. I also have a 71 Dart 4 door parts car that will go with the Demon if someone wants it. Thanks FABO

Attachments

• Demon photos 002.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 2,058
  • Demon photos 007.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 2,035
  • phpZQDJKnAM.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 2,007
  • phprejQSzAM.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,002
  • phpqGdOSIAM.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,999
  • phpj4PWgWAM.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,989
Anyone? I was hoping for opinions/suggestions as to what the car in this condition might be worth. I really need to get it out of my garage. I'll try to get some pictures of it on the rotisserie. Thanks.

OK. I really need to sell this car. Is a more realistic price in the $5000 to $6000 range or am I still on crack. If anyone has any real interest in the car-talk to me. I'm willing to negotiate but am not looking for any trades.

ON CRACK! LOL, you asked.

This is the biggest and most absoultely damaging part. Though your honest about it at least.
It is currently apart and on a rotisserie which will go with the car. It has rust just below the cowl on both sides, minor rust right lower quarter and trunk and rust near battery tray.

For the most part, I have not seen a car in this state (Apart) go for more than 2grand. The black on the lower half of the engine compartment sugests a repainting (Or perviously spray bombed) making it worth less. The whole compartment should be the same color and I see 3.
It's dirty, dusty and in a state of big time disrepair. Sorry brother.

I do like that it appears to be all stock, un-modified with headers and a Holey etc......

I'll leave pricing to others.

on crack! Lol, you asked.

This is the biggest and most absoultely damaging part. Though your honest about it at least.

For the most part, i have not seen a car in this state (apart) go for more than 2grand. The black on the lower half of the engine compartment sugests a repainting (or perviously spray bombed) making it worth less. The whole compartment should be the same color and i see 3.
It's dirty, dusty and in a state of big time disrepair. Sorry brother.

I do like that it appears to be all stock, un-modified with headers and a holey etc......

I'll leave pricing to others.

x2

^^^ Like he says,once it's apart in hundreds of pieces,it's a tough sell then there's the hassle of transporting a car that's on a rotisserie plus a big truckload of easily damaged parts that go with it.
It would have been worth more complete even as a tired runner.

I just bought a solid,numbers matching driver 70 340 Duster from L.A. for 10k and it was a 4 speed to boot.

I'd guess that at around 3k you'd probably get some interest.

yea, i pmed him and told him that 3,600 is about right, even on the high end. i would buy it for 3,600.00, but the shipping always kills the deal when the car is in pieces. i bought a running driving 70 340 4 speed on here from nebraska, for 3,200.00 a few months ago. but i still want to eventually own a demon, as i have not had one to date!

Some current pics would help too, as that would give people an idea of what they are getting. $3-4K is about right. Also posting the fender tag would help too, as it may have certain options people are looking for. .02
With Spring Fling and MATS just around the corner nows a good time to sell it and have out of state buyers in the area to come look at it. If you can get it rolling why not throw it on a trailer, get all the parts together and take it to Spring Fling?

yea, i pmed him and told him that 3,600 is about right, even on the high end. i would buy it for 3,600.00, but the shipping always kills the deal when the car is in pieces. i bought a running driving 70 340 4 speed on here from nebraska, for 3,200.00 a few months ago. but i still want to eventually own a demon, as i have not had one to date!
You don't have one to date because you sold the last one!! You wheeler dealer!! lol..I still want to move into your place so I can find the deals! Even if it's for one summer,I'll take them all home with me and give them out to all the wanting Canuck's!! lol.. The only problem is we might be fighting over all the finds!! lol..

WOW! Yougys are payin alot (IMO) for a car that's apart and on a rotiserier, er, hum, a spit!

You don't have one to date because you sold the last one!! You wheeler dealer!! lol..I still want to move into your place so I can find the deals! Even if it's for one summer,I'll take them all home with me and give them out to all the wanting Canuck's!! lol.. The only problem is we might be fighting over all the finds!! lol..
My Mistake Joe..It was a Duster!! lol..

You all have very valid points. When I took it apart I had every intention of finishing it and was never going to sell it. (Who hasn't said or thought that) This was going to be my last big project. Like everyone else things change and here i am trying to sell it. It is off of the rotisserie and on rollers. Very easy to move around. Anyway here are current pics of it.

Attachments

• phpNpkzayPM.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,358
  • phplJPQxpPM.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,363
  • phpIT6TWXPM.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,371
  • phphrSCR8PM.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,374
  • phpfqdKuQPM.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,372
  • phpBNW4sZPM.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,379
  • phpaS5O2hPM.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,409
  • phpaJkoggPM.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,373
  • php9Q0ocFPM.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,379
  • php8cZdx7PM.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,380
More pics

Attachments

• phpye1YTEPM.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,355
  • phpyDXISUPM.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,342
  • phpvscumwPM.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,355
  • phpVR4GmoPM.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,374
  • phpVlhqWgPM.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,367
  • phpusG6iCPM.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,348
  • phpUr0ItmPM.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,359
  • phpoXajIlPM.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,358
come on craig!. you know me. id buy this, within 2 months have it done, and head it right over to egag, to then get another to redo!. that is the fun in this sport to me. some like to fix and keep to themselves, and i love to fix them, and share the love.lmao

Looks like a nice solid car to work with and one that's nicely optioned.Hopefully there's someone out there with the time/space/money/equipment to get that car looking like it should again.Unfortunately I don't have any more of those right now or I'd consider it.

Here they are-also heater and a/c boxes.

Attachments

• phpzJ4qVsPM.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,258
  • phpRboQnuPM.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,265
  • phpQ8GjusPM.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,259
  • phpO8NvAzPM.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,260
  • phpHmctSFPM.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,267
  • phpHCGHIWPM.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,274
  • php8mc7SFPM.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,272
i d be all over this one if i didn t have one already and didn t have a current project. looks like a damn nice project. someone will want it. don t give up. good luck

Car is still for sale. It is off the rotisserie and is now a rolling chasis. $4500 or best reasonable offer. Thanks.

Attachments

• php3VO8lzPM.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 873
  • php5wGfIIPM.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 873
  • phpBYl8rfPM.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 880
  • phpy6xBioPM.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 864
I would list it on e-bay with a ton of pics, with a $3,900 starting price. Clean off all the parts before pics make it presentable!! H*LL the carb aircleaner and exhaust manifolds alone should sell for $900,

I should be all over this car looks like enough to get mine going
Looks too good to cut up
Good luck with the sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back