71 demon a/c

-

HEMIIGGY

Reaction score
hey guys. im restoring a 71 demon and i want to install a complete a/c system like the factory. its a nonair car but i want all original parts. the controls and underdash duct work etc.. any help :headbang:

You may have to find a Duster, Dart, Swinger, Scamp, or Valiant that you can rob all the parts of. That would be everything on both sides of the firewall.
Not sure about what was said about the firewall tho. I've never went that far to convert one over. I've went from a Duster-to-Duster on one. Keep in mind that it might be easier to find a western (California) Demon that already has it. I believe the /6 and V-8 cars are different too. I know the A/C pumps are for sure. One other way to go is "Classic Air." They make "perfect fit" kits to install in your car. they also do installs, if your not too mechanically inclined or don't have the place ot tools to do it. They advertise in all the mopar (and other) magazines.

Their website is www.clasiscautoair.com
Phone # is 813-251-2356
Their ad says they have a catalog, so just call and ask a few questions to see if it might be something you might try.

If you decide to get all the parts, remember all the brackects, bolts, Condensor, Reciever/dryer, Airbox, Wiring harnesses,cables,vents, hoses, and all the rest are 30+ years old, and you'll have to replace some with new parts.

thanks for your input. i know of classic they are doing my challenger now,those guys are awsome. but for my demon i want the original style stuff.=P~

-
Back