71 demon fenders AMD

-

ANDYK

Reaction score
Has anyone bought 71 Demon fenders yet?????......just wondering how they fit.........

Well they are repop fenders, they will fit as well as the rest of the other repop stuff that everyone else seems to swear by, which is to say better then a rusted out original but poorly compared to factory parts.

I think AMD did a hell of a good job with the sheet metal they have avalible.

I have one on order, hope to comment on it once I get it. I have bought a lot of metal from them so far and have been really happy with it. very close to original but not 100% so hopefully the fenders at as good as the rest of the stuff I have bought. I should have the fender by next month

There was an article in Mopar Muscle a few years back where they installed a New front end on a 69' Road Runner using AMD fenders and hood and they had nothing but good things to say about the fit and quality .....So I would assume that the Demon fenders will be of equal quality. If you look at the first 3 or 4 pages of my build you will see that I used just about everything AMD makes for my Duster and the fitment was great. I hope this gives you some peace of mind of what your going to get.

I just picked up a set of these fenders and I won't be able to tell you how they fit for a while, but I can say they are very well made! They are just as thick as the originals in every way, all the body lines are nice and sharp, edges are smooth (wont cut your hands on them anywhere) it looks like AMD did an excellent job on these! Even if I have to do a little adjusting to make the gaps perfect, its not a big deal to me since my fenders are rotten and finding good originals up here costs more than these one do new! Plus good originals always have some sort of damage under the paint (atleast in my experience, like the old school bodywork where they drilled holes and used a slide hammer to pop them out) appearently they released these years ago but quickly pulled them off the market because of fitment issues, so they fixed the problems and re released them.

FYI I didn't plan on buying these for a while (I don't need them for a while yet) and I was gonna wait till some people tried them on there cars, but the guy I got my floor pan from brought an extra set in and showed me them and after seeing them in person, it sold me! He said he's used AMD fenders on lots of chargers and cudas over the years and they fit perfectly.

19127992-2805-4453-B287-122FF2191F88-8484-000005512714D4C0.jpg

283E2912-22EC-4280-A490-C5338798B721-8484-0000055071CCEE17.jpg

0AE62DDE-4184-4D42-83B6-AAB0C6C8798E-8484-00000550C06DABAA.jpg

I have a set as well, but still in the boxes they arrived in. Everything I bought so far from AMD as fit very well, so I am guessing the fenders will be the same.

Wow! I didn't know they were released yet! What is the price on them? I'll be looking into a set for my '67 GT.

Get in touch with Jeff Brown @ 521 Restorations.... My set was like $838 for the pair delivered.... I couldn't pass up buying a set for that price. I have bought all my AMD sheet metal through him.

Get in touch with Jeff Brown @ 521 Restorations.... My set was like $838 for the pair delivered.... I couldn't pass up buying a set for that price. I have bought all my AMD sheet metal through him.

Yes, Jeff is a good guy to deal with.
Good prices and fast shipping. I would highly recommend him.

Found the 70-71 online but are the 67-69 fenders out yet? Anyone know? Thanks
I emailed Alan @ AMD the other day right after I posted here & he told me they won't be making the '67 fender. He suggested using the '68 fender when that comes out in about 60 days. He estimated the '69 fenders will be out in about 30-40 days. We will have to wait & see.

i have only used floor pans, trunk pans , trunk extensions and such and one tailpanel for a 73 duster and everything fit and looked very well and the thickness of the metal seemed very close

I just picked up a set of these fenders and I won't be able to tell you how they fit for a while, but I can say they are very well made! They are just as thick as the originals in every way, all the body lines are nice and sharp, edges are smooth (wont cut your hands on them anywhere) it looks like AMD did an excellent job on these! Even if I have to do a little adjusting to make the gaps perfect, its not a big deal to me since my fenders are rotten and finding good originals up here costs more than these one do new! Plus good originals always have some sort of damage under the paint (atleast in my experience, like the old school bodywork where they drilled holes and used a slide hammer to pop them out) appearently they released these years ago but quickly pulled them off the market because of fitment issues, so they fixed the problems and re released them.

FYI I didn't plan on buying these for a while (I don't need them for a while yet) and I was gonna wait till some people tried them on there cars, but the guy I got my floor pan from brought an extra set in and showed me them and after seeing them in person, it sold me! He said he's used AMD fenders on lots of chargers and cudas over the years and they fit perfectly.

Hemiorangeswinger- Where do you order your AMD parts from? KMS tools?

-
Back