71 Demon go wing trunk lid question

-

airwoofer

Drivetrain limit explorer
Reaction score
My "71 Demon" has what may be a go wing trunk lid based on there being what look like factory cutouts and holes in the understructure. No holes drilled through the skin. I would like to put a go wing on the track car. Can anybody post a pic of the underside attachments on one of these with a go wing please. Factory stuff only. TIA.

If you are drag racing the car, you'll really want the direct connection ducktail style one. As the speed increases it adds down force to the rear. Do a search for the car called DustAAR to see a picture of it.

The easiest way to drill the holes is to bolt on the brackets and use that as a template. First place or Dales Cuda Shop has the complete wing kits. If you need exact measurements off an original car I can measure mine this weekend,or next week once I get the car back from the paint shop.

Thanks guys but what I really need is a pic of the underside of the trunk lid that is factory made for a go wing. Preferably a pic that also has the factory stuff installed.

My trunk lid has some cutouts and they are 36" apart like the go wing mounts. I would like to confirm that it is a go wing lid and see from below how a mounted wing gets attached.

Per the first place ad: "If your decklid panel is not factory stamped with the recesses to accept the reinforcement brackets, such recesses must be cut into the underside panel of the decklid before this kit will mount correctly."

I would just like to get confirmation that I have a go wing lid without the go wing holes drilled yet.

If you are drag racing the car, you'll really want the direct connection ducktail style one. As the speed increases it adds down force to the rear. Do a search for the car called DustAAR to see a picture of it.

I will probably get one of these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/71-DEMON-GO...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5167edbc&vxp=mtr

If you mean the spoiler looking one, I don't like it. A Duster I was considering had one on it... they don't seem like a factory job but back in the early 70's definately period look. I just prefer the go wing. Not like I will be spinning tires at 100 MPH anyways.

attachment.php

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1061341

attachment.php

Here you go. Not my car but I hope it helps.

Attachments

• Driver Side Decklid Bracket.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 364
  • Passenger Side Decklid Bracket.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 400
Thanks. That cutout does look like mine does. Woo hoo - go wing lid!

Not like this 71 lid... guess this blind squirrel got lucky finding a nut for once.

attachment.php

FYI...I have a 71 Duster that had the deck lid with the cutouts (no factory holes in lid)...got the kit for the go wing...mounted up and installed perfectly!

only thing I would do differently is go with the Gull wing as it was only available for the 71 year and its a mopar design (if i recall that right)

measure twice drill once! Good Luck.

Aloha Mike

FYI...I have a 71 Duster that had the deck lid with the cutouts (no factory holes in lid)...got the kit for the go wing...mounted up and installed perfectly!

only thing I would do differently is go with the Gull wing as it was only available for the 71 year and its a mopar design (if i recall that right)

measure twice drill once! Good Luck.

Aloha Mike

You may be onto something there. BTW, check out 66cuda's comment here:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/archive/index.php/t-54166.html

Man, now I have to choose from what may be correct and which wing is cheaper and more available (the go wing EBAY link I posted above).

But this is a drag only car and heck I am not really sure it is a Demon cause of a funnt riveted ring around where the Demon tail lights are ( may have been a Duster changed to look like a Demon). No dash so no vin tag. Where else would they have put a vin on these? I am quickly racking up costs making this thing look prettier. Replacing the pro mod hood with a 6 pak from AAR, fiberglass front bumper and valance, 71 Demon grill to replace the 72 Dart grill that is on and painted black.

Not to get too far off the topic, after looking at quite a few 71 Demons as I'm in the market, I have not seen too many coded for J54 sport hood option or the J81 rear wing option. In fact, as many as I've called on and gotten pictures/fender tag info I have only seen two cars actually coded for J54 and one for the J81. Are these options somewhat rare in a 71 Demon?

-
Back