71 Demon Headliner Question - 72 Roof Different?

-

demon322

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I’ve read through a few threads on this but wanted to try to make absolutely sure if possible before I commit to this since they are made to order.

I want to try to the one piece headliner in my 71 Demon that had the bow type headliner before.

This says 72 Demon but does not mention the 71.

I can’t imagine the roofs are different between the two years but I suppose it’s possible.

Can anyone confirm for sure?

Also, this one from Dante’s looks the best I’ve seen so far. Anyone here tried one yet?

Thanks!

IMG_5812.jpeg

Probably the way they are attached to the inner structure of the roof, the outer structure would be the same. Must be clips, holes, or other style attachment points that are different. We built one of each but can't remember what the difference was...

The outer roof skin is identical. The inner structure of the later cars doesn’t have the tabs needed to hold the roof bows because they used the one piece headliner, but is otherwise the same.

The one piece headliners are just held in by the rear view mirror, visors, dome light and rear coat hangers.

The issue I think you’ll have is the sail panels, since the one piece headliners were used with the later cars that had the plastic sail panels that went from the quarter windows all the way back to the rear glass.

With the metal quarter widow surrounds and the one piece headliner you’ll have to make some kind of sail panel to cover the area between the metal panel and the rear glass. I just used a flat piece of ABS plastic I trimmed to fit because I use the metal panels on my ‘74 with the one piece headliner

Last edited:
Yes they do fit the early cars . 72's had press board textured sail panels and they were available . I got them when ordering sail panel boards for a 71 Duster they sent me 72's

-
Back