71 Demon Nothing Alot of Money and Time Won't Fix

-

J&Bs71Demon

Reaction score
Well I finally took the plunge and have pulled the Demon into the shop to begin work (fun) on the front end and engine. I couldn't start the project until I took the before pictures. So the pictures have been taken and now I'm waiting for the energy to get started.
As you can see the ball joints are shot, the motor mounts have allowed an exhaust leak by allowing the castle nut to hit the exhaust. Everything looks good topside of the engine...the bottom is another story there has to be at least 38 years of grease, transmission and power steering fluid that would'nt hold the Dodge blue engine paint. Well that's the fun part... cleaning, painting and looking back on a completed job with satisfaction.

I've read many of the posts on here and if I read correctly I might as well pull the K frame with the engine and transmission. That is on the agenda first thing in the morning.

I appreciate the folks on FABO as I have learned alot in the little time that I've been on here. I've met flyboy1 and dusty1 recently and if they are representative of the other folks on here our hobby is in good hands. Thanks again. I'll keep you updated on the progress!

IM006844.jpg

IM006801.jpg

IM006809.jpg

IM006803.jpg

IM006818.jpg

IM006812.jpg

IM006815.jpg

IM006820.jpg

That is a nice car. Good luck to you on your build. Don't look like it will take a lot to get her back in to shape. Very solid looking.

Yea Looks solid and a great place to start

Looks like a great project . I like that butterscotch color don't see that too often are you gonna keep it that color ?

I just spent 6 weeks working in Ok city.....if I had known you were there I would have liked to come take a look!
Good luck with your project.

:cheers:I just wanted to let you guys know that it started this morning! :cheers::cheers:

You know.... the feeling that you have when you think you did all of the things right but you're not quite sure that you did everything right? Whew....thats a load off my mind!
My computer crashed several weeks ago and took all of my pictures with it so I don't have progressive pictures. I will be posting pictures of ALL of the finished upgrades that were done..engine, electronics, headers (thats a story in itself), frame connectors,air conditioning, and suspension.

I'm so glad I did'nt have to re-invent the wheel thanks to all of the good information to be found on this site.
Now back outside to work and Monday hopefully to Accutrac to let Danny do the alignment.:cheers:

Looks like a great starting point. Good luck, Keep the pictures coming

-
Back