71 demon production numbers

-

highspeeddirt

Reaction score
I know this has most likely been asked before, but I can't find the answer. Maybe somebody with better resources than me would know. I'm wondering how many 71 340 3 speed manual floor shift demons were made? And if possible, in dark metallic green?
Thanks

I'll look up the production numbers for you, but likely someone will post them before I get a chance to get back to you.

But keep in mind, there is no breakdown on paint colors, unless it's a "High Impact".
The same goes with the 3 speeds or 4 speeds. I believe the breakdown is Auto or Manual.

Fj6 is the only "High Impact" shade of green available in '71 which is "Green go" or "Sassy Grass Green", which is not a dark metallic green.

So 998 is likely the lowest breakdown you will end up with.
For a Bump, to see if anyone else can help.

Man y'all are quick! Thanks! I picked up one today with that combo. The 3 speed is gone, but the guy is gonna look for it for me. Highly unlikely he'll find it. It's a project car, and just trying to find out "how rare" to decide if I should go back original or make some changes. e.g. Disc brakes, 5 speed, ect. Any opinions? Pics in the resto section are soon to come!

:worthles:

Restore it back to stock. If you can't find the original 3 speed than put a 4 speed in it. Disc brakes is also a good idea.

Lol knew I'd get the worthless hit! I'm still on my way back home with from GA. Posting from my phone and it won't let me upload from it. I'll get some posted tomorrow since I won't be home for another 2 hrs.

My '72 demon 340 was originally a 3 speed,floor shift car and bench seat. The original driveline was pulled out,but the previous owner had bought a 3 speed and was in the trunk when I bought the car. His intentions where to put it back original and mine too,but my plans changed for it now. So if you are looking for a 3 speed transmission,let me know.

all 340 demons are rare, restore it and make changes that can easily be brought back to stock.

all 340 demons are rare, restore it and make changes that can easily be brought back to stock.

..I never even knew anything about a Dodge Demon when I bought mine ...some 14 years ago, I just knew I LIKED IT...lol.... so at least you know its worth,... agreed... everything you change make sure you can put it back ..... and keep the old parts. i gave away my stock exhaust manifolds ..... thats was stupid....I didn't like them on the car but still I should have kept them...... anyway GREAT find on the Demon....... Pic's yet????

I know there is one less butterscotch 71 Demon 340 auto car out there. Had bench seat with black & white houndstooth interior. this was one ugly car even when new.

Gave up the front suspension, 340 short block and 8 3/4 rear for my 67 dart.

sold the hood scoops

and sent the body to the junk yard (what a dunb a**, had the 150 mph speedo and a lot of good trim, even left the tail light panel in it. was slightly damaged so didn't think to cut it out

Build it the way you want. If not a number matching car, make it tasteful, just don't do anything that would be hard to put back if someone wants too

Well, I got it home about 11pm last night and just went to bed. Didn't even get to get it off the trailer this morning cause a job called in. But heres a couple pics off my phone till I can get some with a good camera. and good internet connection instead of air card. Decoded fender tag already but here's that too.....
vx8 en1
m21 m43 n41 n42 r11 v6x
v1x u c55 g11 j45 j54
gf7 m6x9 5x8 302 290003
e55 d13 lm29h1bxxxxxx

Attachments

• resize1.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 365
  • resize2.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 373
great find. my 71 was originally a butterscotch 340 3-spd with the ugly houndstooth. it has the original 340, but had a 4 spd in it when i bought it. it also had a 72 interior when i got it. i restored it the way i woulda ordered it. i put rallye mirrors on it, bucket interior, dash tach, power steering, and eventually i ll put disc brakes on it. i say restore it the way u want it. i m glad mine didn t have the 3 spd in it when i got it. i wouldn t mind having it, but a 4 spd s a little more fun in my opinion. let me know if you need some parts.. i still got some leftover from my 71. good luck

Well, just got home and even though its dark and raining, I couldn't stand it I had to go crawl under and check the vin on the block. Not numbers matching dammit! I wasn't to worried about it cause some bone head put an automatic in it and didn't have the numbers trans, but since I knew it was a 340, I was hoping it was. Oh well. It will have a 340 and either a 4 or 5 speed! It's a project, what I was looking for, and got a heck of a deal so :thumbrig:. When I'm actually home in the daylight, I'll get those pics ya'll want. The shop is to be built in a couple months, so right now it's outside. Got some rust repair to do, but can't wait to get to it.

evil340, you got a PM comin at ya

-
Back