71 dodge charger project

-

moparkid340

Reaction score
well most of you already no i recently got a 71 dodge charger its a 318 auto car with bucket seats and a console and rally dash with 150 mph spedo
so since i got it running i figered i would start a resto thread on it to keep every body posted on every single little thing i do to it
sorry it isnt a A body. but i need a break from the duster for a wile.
its driving me insane. well anyways here it is. all i have done to it so far is got it running and started to convert the intier black. will keep every body posted i love this site and all the people here yall are the best! thank all of you for your saport.

o yea and i also put a new grant steering wheel in it ;)

Picture 134.jpg

Picture 135.jpg

Picture 136.jpg

Picture 137.jpg

Picture 138.jpg

Picture 139.jpg

Picture 140.jpg

Picture 145.jpg

Picture 151.jpg

Picture 147.jpg

I hear ya. You can never have too many Mopars. A, B, C, E body...whatever!

Mike

Throw some flat black on her and enjoy! You exemplify what these cars are all about. Takes me back to those days when I'd buy it, fix it, drive it, then buy another.

Grant

i would primer that thing black. put some wide black steelies on it and shove the biggest tires under that thing that you can. oh and drop the front a bit. sure would look mean.

I saw a 71 Charger R/T in Astoria Queens NY over Memorial day weekend. It was black with the white stripe from the cowl area down to the rear of the car, and had the Ram charger hood. Real sharp car

This should give you some ideas

Attachments

• My Charger.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,122
so today i got the dorr panels and most of the inteor painted black. and it dried and look factory in person. im very happy with the way it turned out and i got some new meat for the rear end

Picture 182.jpg

Picture 186.jpg

Picture 183.jpg

Picture 184.jpg

Picture 185.jpg

I've always loved the 3rd gen chargers. It came down to a 73 charger and my 68 dart. Bought the dart wish I could of had both. Someday I'll ether have a 2nd or 3rd gen charger(68 or a 71-74)

Cool project car kid.

Good luck with it.

I've never had one, but have always liked the look of them when they are done right or different from the norm, and the cockpit looks so darn comfortable like it was made to pin you to the seat and be driven like mad.

I think this is gonna be a very, very cool car and I hope you take your time with it and make it a stunning work of art as time and money, and girlfriend allows. he, he.

This reminds me, I have a guy up the road from me with a 71 R/T charger that is dark bronze metallic with the flat black hood bulge stripe and old school torque thrust wheels, and it is truly an amazing looking machine, I have to get pics of that car and show them to you.

theirs a guy around here with a cordoba thats sittin on some 24s

got pics of it??:-D im tryin to get a t-toped 78/9 magnum and im thinkin bout gettin bigger rims for it instead of lowridin it,,, im gonna have to build myself a big *** garage just to keep my cars in lol.

BTW your interior is lookin good8)

thanks man
i dont have anypics of it but next time i see it ill try to whip out the camera real fast

-
Back