71 dodge demon headers

-

Jays71 demon

Reaction score
Hi everyone I own a 1971dodge demon 340 real h code car. I have all the front suspension out of the car and power steering gearbox . Along with steering column out. I bought a set of ceramic coated headers from summit. I had the gear box in but took it out cause I couldn't get the header in . But now the header is in and can't get gearbox back in. A bodies with power steering is a real *****. Anyone have any ideas.

If the application for the headers doesn't say "fits power steering", you are out of luck.

Jack the motor up on the side you are installing. First remove the motor mount 1/2” nut from the k frame.

Sorry but Summit headers are cheap and do not fit without a BFH. I have a “real h code 340-4speed demon.” I know. Doug’s is the way to go.
Syleng1
62051059457__04E43D2B-6560-4691-BD08-944BCACE30F0.jpeg

you need a line break between the link and your words. otherwise the ghost in the machine reads it as the same link and it either won't resolve or it pings back to the thread.

you can use the thread preview function to see if it works before posting the reply.

As the OP is finding out. You can't bolt up one and install the other here.

You likely need to drop them in at the same time depending on how you have the engine situated.

Yes…If you are set on keeping the ps you really owe it to yourself to go with one of the brands already suggested. Manual box, most any of the brands can go in with a clean install with some patience. Installed many sets of both. If you haven’t altered or beat up the ones you have see if summit will exchange credit towards a better set..?? Good luck..!! Swingn’

-
Back