Status
Not open for further replies.

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
Contact seller
i have a 1971 plymouth duster that is a true 340 maual car. i have no fender tag or build shet, so i cannot say either way. but it is a h-code. i was supposed to sell just the shell to my neibor, but he backed out of it. i was going to take the 8 3/4 with 3:91 sure grip out, along with the front disk brake setup, but i would like to see someone redo thisa car, cause the frame rails, and most is solid. it has two (rear) prostar rims on the back with dryrotted slicks. has fuel cell in trunk with the aluminum pipe ran to the front of the car. also has a msd 6al and electric fuel pump. all the glass is good. fenders are really nice with no bondo. doors are solid. passenger one has been replaced. there is no interior(heat,wipers,seats,headliner,door panels,carpet). the dash is still in the car. it also has the wiring harness under the dash, but no harness out under the hood.
quarters are nice. the lowers do need some love. it needs floor pans, as someone popped riveted some tin in. the trunk floor has been cut out, and someone welded some angle iron and made there own fuel cell box.
all the torsion boxes are rust free,as is the rails. there is no rust under the hood. all the drip rails and around all the glass in the car is very nice.

i tried to describe this car to the best of my abilities, and if i see anything else, i will be sure to post it, whether good or bad.
i also have a free and clear title for the car, out of the state of south carolina
as for price, p/m me an offer. all the parts on it would bring a good 1,800.00, but once i take the parts off, then i would winde up with a car that MAY winde up going to the crusher

71 340  speed 001.jpg

71 340  speed 002.jpg

71 340  speed 003.jpg

71 340  speed 005.jpg

71 340  speed 006.jpg

How about a location?
If it's a 4 speed car, it would have a reverse light on the bottom part of the dash near where the shift handle is. If the light is gone, the hole should be there for it. 3 speed cars did not have this.
Don't crush the thing, it looks like a good builder. It's got a good '69 Valiant grille in it i see.

car is located 30 minutes from martinsville international speedway in virginia

ok, i THINK that the car is worth 2,300.00 . so bring all offers please. i need to sell this, so it does not get parted.i would like to sell this car whole, cause it has a real straight body and not rotted out. also IT IS A REAL 340 MANUAL CAR ! WITH TITLE. c'mon guys make some offers

someone come get this 340 car off my hands. 2,000.00 cash

How about a location?
If it's a 4 speed car, it would have a reverse light on the bottom part of the dash near where the shift handle is. If the light is gone, the hole should be there for it. 3 speed cars did not have this.
Don't crush the thing, it looks like a good builder. It's got a good '69 Valiant grille in it i see.

The one pic. looks like it has the hole for the reverse light....what you think Dartnut?

yea, i was TOLD by the 4th previous owner that it was a 4- speed car, but i did not want to say it, cause i am not sure. he said he bought the car back in 1979. he is in the process of trying to find me the fender tag for it. he said he took it out cause one of the screws came out and he did not want to lose it. lol

It looks as though at some point someone put an automatic column in it and just removed the shifter off the column.

Looks to be a good start to a race car. Too far away from me though. Good luck with the sale.

i put the auto colunm in it. i needed the floor shift one for my other ride. lol

It looks as though at some point someone put an automatic column in it and just removed the shifter off the column.

Looks to be a good start to a race car. Too far away from me though. Good luck with the sale.

its not too far from you, and heck, i'll even pay half the shipping to you

anyone have a picture of what the torque boxes look like so i know for sure what i am looking at?

someone come and save this car. it is down to 1,800.00 bucks for the car. no scoops or bumpers.. it is screaming " SAVE ME!!!!!!!"

anyone?????????????????????????????? am i asking too much?????????

anyone?????????????????????????????? am i asking too much?????????

Good Luck! I have a 74 360 Duster in the same condition that has new floors and a ton of other work done, and can't get $1200.00! Has disc brakes, 8 3/4 rear, etc. It's a shame, but it is getting stripped and scraped soon! :angry7:

1,600.00 and come and get it. this is my final price. it is going on ebay right now

I've seen a 3 speed 340 with the plates too..But ALL the auto 340 cars that I've saw didn't have them.

A few years ago, I looked at a 70 Dart 340 with the 3 speed and it did not have the plates and t-boxes. In that case, more an exception than the rule though. I would think all of the manual trans H code A bodies got them.

********update************

Put It On Ebay Last Night, And Now Pending Sale For This Afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back