71 Duster 340 Fender Tag

-
I open this thread again, because I have a question concerning a 1971 Tag:

The tag of my Duster is missing since the 90s - the car was then in a body shop.

I bought the Duster in 1989 with tag, but alas I have no picture of it.

But I have the broadcast sheet, can anybody please tell me, which of the options of the sheet would have been on the tag - it is a Hamtramck-car; as far as I know this matters concerning the number of digits on the tag.

I have no intention to sell the car, but I want to complete it again and I want to know, how a correct tag has to look like.

The car: 1971 Plymouth Duster 340 (export car)

The sheet:

IMG_5007 (002).jpg

Basically it is a "body data tag". I believe what that means it relates to the body of the car before it goes to the paint process. Any hole that needs to be drilled or punched are processed before the paint is applied. So moldings or brackets for specific options that need to be added to the body are applied before paint, ie vinyl roof, power brakes, A/C, outside mirror, side or hood scoops etc, etc. Prevents corrosion and possible damage to the final finish. Just my thoughts and opinion. Others may know more.

mmcdetroit.com
They will make a reproduction of your data tag.
You have the Dash Vin and broadcast sheet
Not sure on $

Thank You for the link.

But I'm in Europe and I tried 2-times in the past to order a reproduction tag by different American companies and they refused shipping overseas....

Now I have found an European company, but I'm not sure, that they know what exactly has to be on a Hamtramck - Tag.

file.jpg

Basically it is a "body data tag". I believe what that means it relates to the body of the car before it goes to the paint process. Any hole that needs to be drilled or punched are processed before the paint is applied. So moldings or brackets for specific options that need to be added to the body are applied before paint, ie vinyl roof, power brakes, A/C, outside mirror, side or hood scoops etc, etc. Prevents corrosion and possible damage to the final finish. Just my thoughts and opinion. Others may know more.
...sounds logical

Thank You for the link.

But I'm in Europe and I tried 2-times in the past to order a reproduction tag by different American companies and they refused shipping overseas....

Now I have found an European company, but I'm not sure, that they know what exactly has to be on a Hamtramck - Tag.

View attachment 1716278516
Maybe you could get someone on this side to help if all they require is a shipping address ???

-
Back